OK, I went for my FIRST test drive of a VX tonight... Do you care to hear my opinion? Truth or sugar coated? Well... my honest to goodness, true to life opinion about the VX is...
AWSOME!

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I showed up to the dealership to drive this thing. I am usually a skeptic and so I was figuring that everything I read on this site about what they are was just a VERY biased opinion of a little CULT. Well, I must say, I am very impressed with what I saw.

First off, this is a '00 Ironman version... are ALL Ironman editions white? I didn't expect that I'd really like it with the color combo, but I must say... looks much better in person than in pictures. White was not even CLOSE to an option in my mind. It has the 18" chrome wheels with NEW tires on it... which is a plus. There is no sign of ever having any body damage, which is another plus. I don't think it has been smoked in either... yet another PLUS. The only thing that I don't care much for (besides the big arse blind spot... ) is the 55K miles it has on it.

What is everyones opinion on price? This is a very clean Ironman Edition '00 VX. Interior is in GREAT condition... as is exterior. New tires and 55K miles. They asking price is $17,995.

I am in the position that I need to get rid of my current car or trade it in. My car is a '98 Trans Am WS6 convertible in GREAT condition. I looked at the NADA book that the dealer was looking at and saw that from their figures, my car is worth around $11K average trade. He is offering me $14,000... which is obviously lower than what I could probably sell it for, but then I have to mess with it.

I told the guy I would call him tomorrow and talk to him about it. I am very much ready to just do the deal, but I don't want to act hasty. Is their asking price too hight? I know the trade offer is fair if not somewhat generous, so that is not a concern if I choose to buy theirs. Its just the price they are asking. Whataya think?

Lemme know... thanks in advance.

Coach... aka Randy!