Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Updated! Colorado Colors Meet + Aftermath 09/24-25/05

That sounds good to me man, just keep us posted. But as for now i am in the the lunch meet and riding with someone else for the "dirty" drive........

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    Ok, how's about camping out overnight then? Seems everyone is pretty spry. We could meet up Sat morning, do some driving, then throw down some tents and spend the night. Does anyone have a preference on rustic camping (My preference *Free*) or established campground?

Morgan, we could meet up on Sunday for a lunch meet in town.. Are there going to be any singles that Morgan could ride with?
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

I would definitely be down for a colorado springs meet... Yeah i am new here...But I just moved to the springs and I drive a 1999 white Ironman. I am 17 and in my senior of highschool. Post up when and where and I will be there...

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

Co Meet

Scott,

I'm a little confused. Are we going to Salida, BV, or just meeting in CO. Springs?

From the posts, it appears we're camping in Salida, is that correct?

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

After hearing the wishes from the others', we'll be camping in Buena Vista (or around in the area I know a few places, depending on if everyone wants an established campground or "rough" it) We'll figure a place to meet in BV and go from there...
    Scott / moncha.com

Ok, here's the deal,

Meet at 9am Sat. Sept. 24th 2005 at the Subway Sandwich shop. You'll find it on the south end of Buena Vista, (South of Cottonwood Pass Rd.) on the west side of Hwy 24. The parking lot will be big enough. From there we can chat and figure where we want to go. There's several trails in the area and even some in the Maysville / Garfield area (Monarch)(Old gold mines and such).. None of the trails are very hard but are pretty scenic.. Anyone have better ideas?
    Almost all of the areas are US Forest so we should be able to just drop camp anywhere after doing trails. We can do the camp thing and have fun around the campfire (Bring marshmallows), unless we NEED to have an established campgroung for some reason..
    We should hit the aspens in full color so, it should be beautiful no matter...

As far as food, you'll need to bring enough for lunch and dinner on Sat. and maybe breakfast on Sun.. We can head into either Salida or Buena Vista on Sunday to make a lunch meet for those who couldn't make the trails on Saturday. Salida has a bit more to choose from. I vote for the County Bounty, it's easy to find and has good space available.
    If you have other plans, please post them.. I want to make this a fun event and hopefully have a good showing.
    If you plan to attend, make sure to update the calendar so it shows your plans and we won't overlook anyone.

Last thing.. Please PM or email me your cell or other contact number so we can have a list. I'll compile it and forward it to everyone planning to attend..

Morgan, does this work for you?? We could find a place easy enough for you to get to and you could camp with us on Saturday..

That sounds good to me, i will probibrly bring the fam with me, what time on Sunday for the lunch meet?

Noon would be good.. Time enough to break camp and then get into town and early enough to have everyone back home at a decent hour..

driver3.. you in on this?.. I know Sat. is football day..

Well I hate to say that my name is on the start of this... but it looks impossible for me this weekend... I'm going to be in Denver helping a friend move.. (I know)... but he's helped me in the past and if there was any way out I'd be in. I'm watching the posts here and I know the times if anything changes.. .I'm kind of mad and have been waiting it out so I've been quiet on this post. But for now I regretfully have to be on the out list... sorry guys... I'll pack my car with all my camping stuff in the event I can escape denver early...

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

grrrrrrrreat!

It's settled then! You'll be there!

-biju.

I am in for the noon meet for lunch on Sunday. If anything changes during the weekend please call me on my cell at 970-690-6856. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

ok well i was going but now I cant make it because i got a $220 dollar ticket this morning for doin 30 in a 20mph zone. sry guys i will see you next time we meet out in colorado.

Yea, gotta watch those Colorado Springs Cops.. Sorry to hear the news but I'm sure we'll be doing another during the winter months..

Final Plans

This will look like the previous post but check it anyway for any updates...

Meet at 9am Sat. Sept. 24th 2005 (Try and be prompt, we'll be wait till 10am before heading out) at the Subway Sandwich shop. You'll find it on the south end of Buena Vista, (South of Cottonwood Pass Rd.) on the west side of Hwy 24.
    From there we can chat and figure where we want to go. There's several trails in the area and even some in the Maysville / Garfield area (Monarch)(Old gold mines and such).. None of the trails are very hard but are pretty scenic.. Anyone have better ideas?

Almost all of the areas are US Forest so we should be able to just drop camp anywhere after doing trails. We can do the camp thing and have fun around the campfire (Bring marshmallows), unless we NEED to have an established campgroung for some reason..
    Make sure to bring food enough for Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner and Sunday Breakfast.. (It's easier to bring your own for such a short trip) Dress appropriately, the weather is to be low 70's for day temps and upper 30's for nights.

We'll need to let pbkid know where we are going to be as he was saying he'll be coming up later so hopefully we will be able to find a camping spot then relay the info to him when when we have a cell for phone coverage.. (NOT good coverage in the rough country)

As far as food, you'll need to bring enough for lunch and dinner on Sat. and maybe breakfast on Sun..

Bring FRS radios and emergency equipment for yourself and your VX.

We meet Morgan-tec and whomever else in Salida on Sunday at noon for a lunch meet for those who couldn't make the trails on Saturday. We'll meet at the County Bounty, it's easy to find on the south side of HWY 50 about 1/2 way through town (Near the swimming pool) and has good space available.

Again, with the sudden changes in some folks' plans, it will be hard to modify the solid ones once we get up there due to the lack of phone coverage and distance from populated areas we will probably be. It may be hard to aquire an established campground as there may be lots of tourists looking at the fall color change so we will most likely be in the rough.

pbkid (Jack) if you can at all firm up your timings we could meet with you at a certain time and place and then you could join up. That would be much easier than trying to give directions on where we may be. Trips like this dont really allow for alot of variables but, we'll try.

Kinda like getting married.. if you have changes, say now or forever hold your peace.

We're (ME & Ms. Moncha) are looking forward to seeing everybody and hope everyone has a safe trip..

A little note for a follow up on this meet..

We, Biju and Chris (Biju's roommate), Mark (MSHardeman), Ms Moncha and I met at the Subway Shop in Buena Vista, then proceeded to FR344 just south of the Cottonwood Pass area. The fall colors were bright and wildlife beautiful!

With only one wrong turn we proceeded up the trail and lunched at a perfect little spot next to a small glacial lake (about 11,500 ft.) while the dogs played in the water.

We then hit the trail again and crept up the side of the mountain.

Finding ourselves at the top of the world on the Continental Divide.

Overlooking Taylor Reservoir, a very popular fishing lake, we could see forever!

After cruising around and getting lots of looks from the passing ATV's and a Toyota group it was time find a camping spot. We unfortunately had to part with Biju and Chris but, MSHardeman, Ms Moncha and I stayed behind and set up camp.

We spent the night chatting about VX's and daily life just enjoying the night sounds, and stars.. We were lucky enough to hear the cries of coyotes in the distance. Waking the next morn, I heard the light sound of an elk bugling deep in the forest..

After packing our gear we headed into Salida to meet with the Morgan-tec family and enjoyed a tasty lunch and listened intently to Mike describe his modifications to his Axiom.
    It was a shame to part from such wonderful people, we had a great time with great company and look forward to the next time we can gather..

There's more photos in the Colorado Colors Meet Gallery so please take a look and enjoy..