Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Updated! Colorado Colors Meet + Aftermath 09/24-25/05

Updated! Colorado Colors Meet + Aftermath 09/24-25/05

Split off of original thread

I saw that one a couple days ago, it looks nice on the lot, haven't stopped... One of these days we need a colorado springs meet... just a couple drinks somewhere.
    Last edited by Moncha : 08/31/2005 at 06:31 AM

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    yea we do need a co springs meet that would be fun. i would love to see moncha's ride, ive heard that its immaculate. need to make a trip home from school soon anyways just so that i can get out and drive.
    pbkid

I'd come down from Denver for a Colo Spgs Meet, especially if there's beer involved.

Heck, I'd come all the way from Aspen if you guys wanted to get together. I feel very isolated out here, because there are only two other VX's that I know about in this valley. Neither of them are on the site, and neither of them are very enthused about waving, or saying hi, when I see them (very rarely) on the street.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

ditto...

ping me if this materializes. I'd join!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

A definate must and soon, at least be for the first snows.. Should it be a mild off road session or just a meet and greet? I found a wonderful area west of Buena Vista during a camping trip this month, a nice trail that crossed over the continental divide with a beautiful little lake..
    Scott / moncha.com

Thumbs up

Buena Vista is great.. I really like it out there. I climbed Mt Harvard, and Mt Princeton a couple months ago. There's great camping and lots of trails to offroad. A Saturday night camping trip, Sunday off-road is perfect for me (I have to watch Ohio State football games on Saturdays, but they are at 10 am most of the time here ) Then an off-road trip on Sunday morning.. lunch then leave... September 17-18th weekend?

I may be able to miss watching the san diego state game if we did the camping/hotel friday and saturday... just a thought...

If you guys would not mind i would like to join the meet if it happens, i would obviously be out of the off road session but i would love to meet some of you guys. I would come all the ways from Fort Collins to that. Keep us posted.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Quote Originally Posted by morgan-tec
    If you guys would not mind i would like to join the meet if it happens, i would obviously be out of the off road session but i would love to meet some of you guys. I would come all the ways from Fort Collins to that. Keep us posted.
    And your Axiom can't go off road because?

Probably because of the 20's : )

I'd love to see your axiom... Sounds like it's nice. There are hotels there if someone doesn't want to camp.

Possible area suggestion??

On my last camping trip to the Mineral Basin Area, located south of the Cottonwood Pass, we f ound a very nice and pretty easy trail that goes up along side a mountain, passing a small, gorgeous lake. The area is fantastic with great veiws. The trail (Forest Road) itself was very easy.. Although I didn't take my VX we did have a Toureg in the line of vehicles and it made it with no problems, outside of driver's error.. VXs would have no problems. I don't want it to be too easy but then again, the sights were wonderful.

Here's some pics and for those that use Google Earth, I have a .kmv file along with photo overlays of the area... Just unzip it then open the .kmv file with GE and it should take you right to the area..

mineral_basin.zip

Rest of Album

Let me know what you think..

Talking

Or if you are into hiking.. This is the picture from the top of Mt. Harvard in May

So cool....

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i would drive down from greeley for any meet you guys want to do. hopefully more vx's this time. i only saw one for a few hours on the last isuzu meet. morgan-tec i would love to see your axiom also it sounds like a really nice car, and im still thinking of buying an exhaust from you beginning of next summer. i would love to do some offroading with some other vx's because i want to see what they are capable of, all i have seen is what i can do.
    pbkid

I would love to make it to any kind of Colorado meet. My problem is that I will be in Telluride for the Blues and Brews festival on Sept. 16, 17, 18. Is there any way to do it any other weekend? I would love to meet the rest of you guys/gals, so if it turn out that I can't make this one hopefully I'll see you some other time real soon.

With the current situation down south, I've called up by my department to work OT while our SWAT teams heads out to help.
    How does the 24th/25th or 1st/2nd of October sound?? Still time to catch the colors at the mid levels..