I wanted to write a thread yesterday saying how much I love this site and all its wonderful people with their big VX brains, but I had no internet. So I say it now. PRAISE VEHICROSS.INFO AND ITS MEMBERS! Now for my questions...

On October 4th I will be travelling to the Portugal's island of Madeira to stay in Funchal for a year or two. I cannot bare to part with my VX forever so I will NOT be selling it. What can I do to prepare it for a long sit?

I recently moved into a house with a bomb proof underground garage that can be sealed and only I know the passcode. I even installed a motion sensor activated camera to record people outside it. SO I AM ALL SET WITH SECURITY, but should I drain the oil? empty or fill gas tank? I have heard car covers leave marks on the paint over time, but is that just in the sun?

Also should I put it on blocks to take strain off shocks? At first I thought that was a good idea, but I remembered what happened to the support shocks in my old hatch back. I left hatch open for a year and the shocks had no resistance when I came back.

Is there something I can spray on the tires to prevent drying? I know if it sits on ground the tires won't be round when I get back.

I want my baby to be just like I left her.

Thanks in advance for your help guys and girls.