Thread: upgrades for 4L30E?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaVX
    Unfortunately I have never driven a manual

My dad's way of teaching me was when I was 10 he said go ahead and start it and after less than 5 min. he pushed me out of the seat and started driving. And it was a rental!!!!
    Don't be afraid of learning, it really isn't that hard. Once you get past the "bucking-bronco" stage, the hardest thing left to learn is how to use the hand brake to stop and start when going up a hill. Besides, you can't call yourself a man if you can't handle a stick, or something like that.

Do you really use your hand brake to start and stop on hills?!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

u do in san franisco

Of course you do. You'll burn out the clutch, frequently stall the engine and occasionally roll into the guy behind you if you don't.

Hmm... I very, very, very rarely stall out or roll backwards, but you're right, i'm probably not being too kind to my clutch. And then again, I've never driven a stick in SF! Heck, I've worried that my automatic was going to roll backwards on some of those hills. I just never thought about using my parking brake.

Sticks

I was reared on the sticks and believe it or not the first decent automatic was the VX.
    It's a different driving method, you can throw it down gears and roar round corners, get past the dreamy little compact in a flash by ripping along in 3 at high revs.
    Engine breaking, I don't mean the lump hammer kind, down hills as a brake instead of standing on the pads.
    Bunp starts there's another good reason for stick shifts. Dead batteries wont stop you.
    Never pack a gob****e there's always one waiting for you when you get there.