View Poll Results: WHat do you think of pc/nav/dvd project?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seems interesting

15 57.69%
  • Needs more planning

6 23.08%
  • Too complicated

5 19.23%
  • Out of date

3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ON-BOARD PC DVD/NAVIGATION/ more

99 White, 99 Astral Silver, 01 Kaiser Silver
    Originally posted by valenki
    But I have now another problem. I hooked up the the sound system. I have a mini stereo out of the pc going into rca wires. they are going into the equalizer/crossover then I have 2 pairs of rca wires going into amps and then speakers.

The problem is that the sound level coming from the pc and equalizer is very low. I tried playng with the switches on the amps and volume controlls in the computer, but that didnt help. I tried using extension from AC insted of the inverter for the computer and that didnt help. I tried running the wires straight from the the PC to the amps and that didnt help either ????

People please in you have any ideas give me some help, because this project will kill me if id doesnt work.......
    What type of sound card are you using? Or is it at built-in card? does it have a specific line out vs. speaker out?
    Brian Cozzens - Art Director
    Borderlands / Aliens: Colonial Marines
    www.gearboxsoftware.com

The output of the sound car which is build in to the motherboard is 1 V which is standart. The signal that amplifier takes in is 5-8V . This seems to be the problem. There might be 2 solutions:

1. get a head unit with auxhilary inputs . I would get it but iut's pricy and there is no place to put it since the upper din is blocked by the monitor and the lower is taken up by the equalizer.

2. someonw from the mp3car.com forum had suggested that I use this to boost my signal::
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=14931&rd=1

luckaly it is for sale on ebay and the guy is in Boston! I am trying to arrange delivery. I willn try this it is promnising. I am all tired of this project for now. Frustrated at this point. Really wanna get it over with. No stereo or video or anything working in my truck right now. Got wires running everywhere. What a mess. Hope it will be worth it in the end.

I would appreciate any input.
    Ironman

If your amps don't have a power-on delay, you might want to look for some sort of relay with a delayed turn-on, otherwise you will most likely get a speaker thump each time you turn the car on.