HELLO TO ALL !

Since I dont get intertained by the idea of paying 2500 for a Navigation system w/ DVD I decided to embark on a project building a system of my own .

I got a used but in great condition BKi80 Board: look here

http://www.reality.net/BKi810/photos.html

it has a AV video out and works perfectly with all the monitors in my house so far. I also bought a Rand Mc'nally GPS antenna and software.

The computeralready has a DVD player and some additional soft will enable me to play my favorite MP3's. I will be using a mini keyboard w/ a touch mouse for this pc.

I have several delemas to find answers for in my project. I thought may-be the vehicross.info community will be willing to help ???

Here are the issues:

1. POWER. The board on the pc itself uses 12v DC transformed by a 110-230 AC w power supply . The battery on the car is 12v DC . I could buy one of those transformers 12 v to 110 and hook it up to a life wire on the car ??? ANy ideas ?

2. SOund. I will be using my Sony deck replacing the isuzu radio w/changer. The sony has only 1 sound in channel for the 10 cd changer. How can I get it to work w/my pc system if I will use a wire with 1 2-channel av out from the pc.

3. Now I need to decide what monitor I will use. I have found some good deals on e-bay. But because I am not sure where I will place the monitor. I am not sure what kind to get. I plan to place the pc itself in stead of the glove compartment.

4. Games ? //Navigation the motherboard has the ability to use a joystick. I was wondering may-be I should look for a jostick controll to play games and use with the nav system.

5. COMMUNIcATIONS. THe board has a modem and a nick card.. Any Ideas ???

6. MIcrophone >>> I can attach one but not sure for what, yet..... may be voice nav controll??

I woukd Appreciate everyones Ideas. BY the way April 4 is my B-day. Everyone is chipping in for my system ...

;Dp;