Virus, apparently Copilot 2004 will support the ability to use any GPS unit with their software - so I'm probably gonna wait for that. Thanks for all the info though. I should try Mappoint anyways.

valenki, also of note. If you're installing your system with the HD laying horizontal you may run a possible risk of ruining the drive. This depends on what your shock rating is on the drive you're using. If it's a 3.5", it's most likely pretty low (bad).

Thats why I went with a 2.5" laptop HD - I was really concerned the VX was just way to bumpy to handle a normal desktop HD. However I know plenty of people that have managed to run a 3.5" in their car for a year successfully. But our VX doesn't exactly have a smooth suspension.

If you ARE using a 3.5", your best bet is to mount the drive vertically as the heads sit directly above the platter. The majority of shock comes from vertical force. So keeping the heads horizontal from the platter is in your best interest.

I'm not sure if you're using an aftermarket radio? They do make a RCA adapter that plugs into the cd-changer plug for aux in. It was about $70's last time I checked though. It appears I have lost the link to this, if you need it I can dig it up.

Since you are using an inverter, you may possibly introduce whine into your audio system from the PC. You'll know it when the time comes. I ran into this problem a long time ago when I put a PC into my Rodeo a few years back, and I used an inverter on that install.

There's two ways to get rid of it, either may or may not work. You can try grounding the PC chassis to the car (this worked for me), or buy a ground loop isolater.

I noticed that jeep user is using an OPUS powersupply, what I originally recommended.

Any other questions you have, feel free to ask - as my install has run pretty well for quite sometime I've been thru just about all the troubles of gettin' it installed.

Dallas, thanks dude..! No news right now, we're cranking pretty hard over here... Though we just had Max Payne 2 go gold, so there's something new out the door...

You're gonna buy a copy right?