Thread: 6 inch lift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

6 inch lift

hey guys whats up?? not much here I was wondering if anyone on here has raised their vx more than 4"? I have mine at 4" and I want to add another two but i dont know where to get the parts for it. I know it is possible but i have to build a custom kit. I went to 4x4 parts and they looked at me like i was stupid when I asked them for lift suggestions for my vx. I want to gain a little more clearance with my vx. Hell they didnt even know what it was I had to show them my truck for them to believe me, the guy thought trhat i was joikin with him.

The only ways I know of getting 6" is with a combination of your lift and a modified 3" Trooper body lift. Or SAS!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Yes... and the body lift won't give you any additional clearance. Any more than about 3-1/2" suspension lift is not possible without SERIOUS modifications.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

don't bother with any of the 4 wheel places. I already tried after I got mine and they all stared at me like I had a spaceship or something and it was too futuristic for them to know anything about it. If it isn't in their books they won't even bother.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    well technically a suspension lift wont give you any more clearance either because the rear axle is still at the same height. the main part is the tires, they are the part that actually makes you be able to drive over bigger things. the only function of a lift is so that you can put bigger tires on something.

yeah your right about that with the lift. I am plannin to put 39.5" mud swampers or the 38 terra nitto mud tires on it if I can figure out how to get a big enough lift to fit them. I would like atleast if nothin else to fit 35" tires under the vx.

SAS!!!!!!! The ONLY choice if you plan on anything that size in tires.
    Even if you could figure out a way to lift the IFS enough to fit the tires the VXs 10inch front end would be breaking axle shafts every other day trying to turn tires that big (39s). Most people running tires that size are running Dana 60s with heavy duty parts (if they plan on "using" it)
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

ok that is a good point mabee i should think smaller but i do want to lif the vehicle another two inches so i can fit atleast 34" tires under it. It just doesnt feel tall enough when i go over rocks n' stuff there have been a couple of times where i have actually scraped my under carriage. So like i said I need to raise it off the ground so I can get alittle better clearance. If anyone has any better suggestions on how to do this please let me know. Oh by the way what about the shackle extenders that calmini makes? They are two inch shackles but they only actually raise the vehichle about an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid
    well technically a suspension lift wont give you any more clearance either because the rear axle is still at the same height. the main part is the tires, they are the part that actually makes you be able to drive over bigger things. the only function of a lift is so that you can put bigger tires on something.
    ...Ditto...
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Cool

please be kind, any one lift vx about 3 inch, anyone have any spec or part or brand name recommend me to buy, please advise

1/4" aluminum plate is plenty strong if the right hardness is used. I've run aluminum plates for the past 2 Moabs and had no problems. It is a 1/5 the weight of steel but must be mounted correctly of course.