Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Snowboards.....what do you ride if you ride?

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Killy's opening late this year, huh? ;-)

We will probably head up to Mt Snow for a day. We have a group of friends that rents a house here for the whole season, so the first trip up is usually just to shuttle as much gear up as possible. I doubt we'll make it up to Killy to get on the slopes, though.

Have some good runs for me!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

libs mad libs...

Lib Technologies : 172 : Litigator

Nothing special really. Gets me all over the mountain, and that's what's important!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

k2 fat bob 166
    clicker ultra slims

So now that there is good snow here in Co and there are like five resorts open who is up for a meet to go ride some powder?
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

hmmm

Breckenridge???Best I found so far(although Japan has some steep slopes on their Volcanic mountains). Please no Thnomath or Athpen...although crustedbutt is good but only later after Christmas if you stay up high with the triple black diamonds.
    Last edited by SPAZZ : 11/19/2005 at 01:22 PM Reason: adding

I went to Loveland last week and today and it is awsome snow. I rode powder at least 1' deep for most of the day. They have almost the entire mountain open.

Breckenridge, voted best halfpipe in North America. Dec. 13 - 18th Grand Prix of Snowboarding, an Olympic qualifying event. The pipe will be perfectly shaped; world class riders, basically throwing down their olympic runs. It would definitely be worth the road-trip.

I can make that if you want to go, let me know.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Lucky dogs! I was in at Mt Snow in VT yesterday and they were making snow on the main run on the front face. Everythign else is brown. :-(

On the flip-side, I scored a set of 04/05 Burton Cartel Habanos for the same price as I paid for new 04/05 Burton Mission bindings from the Burton outlet. So anyone interested in the Missions? They are 100% new-in-box (I literally haven't even opened it), medium size, in black. PM if you are interested.

Um, I guess I should really post this in the stuff for sale forum...

No worries man, congrats on the killer deal on your new bindings.

So who is up for a meet to go ridin? I am goinin up almost every weekend so i am pretty flexable.

We got 13" here in Aspen/Snowmass on Satruday night, so yesterday was a great day on the mountain until.....I hit a rock, HARD, and ended up putting a huge core shot in my NeverSummer T5 Premier. The guy at the shop said that the board is done, and I'll need to get a new one. I have a guy in Telluride that has performed miracles on boards before (including rebuilding the front of a friends carving board that got ripped off in a head on collision), so I'm going to get it to him to see if he can save my baby. If not, I'll be in the market for a new board. I'll probably stick with NS unless anyone has any really good suggestions. The NS is the most stable board I've been on. It can carve a mean turn, zip in and out of the trees, and hit mach 2 on the groomers. Best board I've ever owned, and I'll be sad if it can't be saved.

With all of that said, we're supposed to get snow all week here, so this weekend should be killer if anyone wants to head this way. If not, I have a couple of other boards that I can ride, so I would love to make a road trip to meet up for a little VX boarding.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

So seriously who is up for a meet, i am up at loveland every weekend since they opened and a couple sick.........cough....cough....days so far this season. I am open to other resors but i am not spending more than $70 for a ticket.

I wish I had your luck. Over here in the east it has decided to rain on us, what little snow we had has turned into dehydrated mashed potatoes. I can't seem to outrun the rain, would need to go to all the way to Canada. I'm up for a roadtrip to CO, any Motel 6 near you...

Sure do man, $39.95 a night. and the snow is awsome, the weather has been very mild this year. I have been up at least four days that i rode all day in a long sleve t-shirt and no coat, sunshine and no wind. Its like March weather and December snow.