Has anyone ever unhooked their torsion bars and then raised and lowered the suspension, stop to stop, to measure how much of the available shock travel is actually being used in the stock setup?

Front 15.35” extended x 10.24” compressed
Rear 19.25” extended x 12.54” compressed
(by the way, are these correct for the stock KYB’s?)

Presumably there must be some small amount of extra unused travel at each the compressed and extended limits to prevent the shock from being damaged (thanks Joe). If this is the case then how much? Obviously, you guys know where this is leading. I’m preemptively searching for shock options and would like to know the TRUE required compressed/extended lengths rather than what is actually available on the stock KYB’s. I’ve tried to search for this but have come up empty. I’ve read many posts about what fits and doesn’t, and what works and doesn’t, but in this case I might go to custom mounts and/or end caps. What I’m really after is what the actual travel measurements, and mount to mount distance at full compression would be if the shocks were removed. Another thing (more of an opinion question): How much “unused” travel would you guy recommend leaving at either compressed/extended limits to avoid damaging the shock?

Thanks