Thread: VX dissed in Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off Road

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    These are just the trucks:
    '78 Waggoneer
    '79 Cherokee Wide Track
    '91 Cherokee
    '93 Grand Cherokee
    '97 F-250HD

All sold -I was working my way up to the VX(s).

Funny thing about the Jeeps -I could never have more than 1 running at the same time. For a little while, I had to swap carbs on the '78 and '79 whenever I wanted to drive one.

I just sent this to him along with pics of Swordy, Spazz and myself.... Triathlete where the hell can I find your "good" pics???

I am pretty dissapointed with the lack of education your editor has..... let me educate him first here are a few sites where aftermarket Vehicross accesories are sold... http://independent4x.com http://www.darlington_offroad.com and http://www.tonemonday.com/vxparts.html

Ok now that you have scrolled through and seen that all the necessary parts for a build are already available... now let me say that there are many more than 27 Vehicrosses ON THE TRAIL in fact take a look at this... http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...php?photo=1623 that is just the amount of people who were able to show up for 'ZuZoo '03.

Yes Yes there has not been a SAS yet but there is one in progress.... here let me point you to the great wealth of Vehicross knowledge.... http://www.vehicross.info

Well by now you should be thinking to yourself... why hasn't one of these awesome rare offroading gems seen the cover of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off-Road magazine? And to be honest I don't know either.... Jeeps are a dime a dozen in any 4x4 magazine along with every part imaginable that you can bolt right on there, and the reason is due to all the exposure they get. Since all the 4x4 magazines seem to neglect Isuzu as an offroading machine there is not much for aftermarket. If some magazine had the balls to put something else besides a Jeep's, Ford's, Chevy's, Toyota's there might be people who think outside this narrow minded box of mainstream offroaders and venture on to much different projects then the ones we see in every magazine over and over and over again.

And since the editor mentioned something about a Vehicross maybe making the cover if it was a good enough action shot well I have attached several action shots of different rides that could be on the cover of a magazine.

I hope that you will actually look through this stuff as it took me 2 hours at work to find everything. The rides in the pictures are all members of www.Vehicross.info
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    We need an offroader's version of "Metric Cruiser"

Maybe a "Metric Bruiser" magazine -not just for Isuzu, but for all drivers/owners of vehicles that were built with quality and not quantity in mind.

Angry

Got my issue today. What is worse than what the editor wrote was the title for the letter. "A Good Suggestion We Won't Use"

AlaskaVX...
    Most of my pics are on the trip reports from the various misadventures that I have been a part of! Check the '05 ZooZu aftermath tread and the Arizona Fall VX gathering threads for a few :_drool:
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Im all about jeep and such cause i own one, but the vehicross i can vouch too has its credibility out on the trail.

But i agree on why he couldnt put a vehicross on the front page because most of us dont go over 3" of lift and so on. Maybe if we had one guy who was sporting some monsterous VX with SAS and 10"s of lift then I could see a cover shot. Anyone up for the task?
    '99 Vehicross - Daily Driver
    '93 Wrangler - Tank in Progress

Thumbs up Thanks Alan!!!

I always wanted to be featured in one of those mags...on the cover and inside would even be better!!!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    So, uh, for the ignorants among us...

What does SAS stand for?

Just a guess: Semi-Articulating Suspension?
    Steve

SAS = Solid-Axle-Swap. In other words, removing the IFS("independent-front-suspension", sorry i had too!) and replacing it with a solid front like a jeep or Heavy duty truck.

A quick internet search turned up this... lol

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SAS

Quote Originally Posted by Numba1goalie
    SAS = Solid-Axle-Swap.
    That's a new one for me! I knew of SA, IFS, and IRS, but never heard an action used in an acronym before! Why not just call it SA Swap?
    Last edited by transio : 12/13/2005 at 03:34 PM