Decided to change to the oil yesterday. If I remember correctly the oil pres. would be around 40ish at idle and 65-70ish at normal cruising speeds. After doing some research (and returning the brand new fram oil filter i bought..lol) I decided to sea foam it while changing the oil. I had intended to run the sea foam for 20-30 mins as I read was recommeded, however a few unavoidable issue arose and I wasnt able to drain the oil til the next day...and had to drive it maybe a hour or two longer than I intended to with the sea foam in it. Toward the end of the night I noticed the oil pressure started staying elevated even at lower rpm's. I had hoped greatly this would resolve itself after draining it and refilling with a new filter.

Now that I have drained, changed the oil (mobil 1 syn. 10w-30) and installed a purolator pure 1 filter the oil pressure, the oil pres. still idles at 90-95 and with some acceleration it can reach 100psi. I had thought that maybe the filter was clogged, everything still runs excellent and if I didnt have a oil pressure guage, I wouldnt have a clue that it was this high.

I haven't let the engine get to normal operating temp because the high pres. makes me uneasy. This car is still kinda new to me, so I may be overreacting, but would rather be safe than sorry.

Btw, there is no sludge in the pan at all.

maybe the oil pressure relief valve is faulty/clogged?