Thread: Overheating problem fixed.

Overheating problem fixed.

After 2 years of overheating always a possibilty with no answers to fix, i believe i have finally fixed the problem,may be over kill but im happy with the comfort i have to drive to the beach or up a Mt on a hot day with the ac running!...1st thing was st8 wire the A/C cooling fan to run all the time the engine is running...."notice even after 15 mins of engine warming up cooling fan would come on sometimes... ",not every time". the 2nd thing was to install a after market fan clutch $99.00. "higher rpms" and cheaper than isuzu "engineered updated fan clutch" which cost 300.00. this is in my opinion the root problem with so many vehicross over heating. design has little air flow coming though grill ,no lower airdams to help pull air up , a fan clutch that is less than par to do the job itself...this prob fueled the engineer change in the fan from isuzu.
    Its a bit like a huricane under the hood now ! lol that.. and lose of some horse power im sure, a small price to pay for a engine not borderline over heating every time im in traffic or a/c running. hope this helps others and if there any knowledge about this that someone knows would like to hear their imput.!!
    From The Mind Of Lashsquat

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    This is a good fix -could you show (pics maybe) in more detail what was done?

Overheating really isn't an issue up here right now, but I have often been amazed at how hot it is in the engine bay of the VX.
    I believe that this hot-cold cycling contributes to excessive underhood component wear as well as the troublesome hood insert cracking.

Talking

Now see and I just drive with the hood cracked open...I looks stupid but it gets some cool air in there!