Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tail Light Guards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    If that's all it takes then how did it end up on yours???
    Idunno...

They were just there one morning, with a note that said what I said...2 posts ago...
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/13/2012 at 09:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Actually, I'd completely forgotten about your solution.
    I hadn't forgotten 'bout Dubs....and since I don't have this stuff you speak of called "skill" my antenna went up when I saw these pre-molded plastic.

I wasn't sure if the Rodeo footprint over the lens was identical or just really close....but wekilled seems to have answered that by saying the rears are identical.

Check out these on a Rodeo.......too bad they don't have more horizontal bars....but hey might be an option for me. (course I don't want the pay for the taillights too...)
    Check out the extra plastic section on the front edge..gives them some extra width to cover the lens....and probably the VX too ...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISUZU-RODEO-...c#ht_516wt_731

Now some day maybe I'll even get enough nerve/skill to take on the alum tread plate for the door sill(s)..... .....nayy, prolly not .....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Check out these on a Rodeo.......too bad they don't have more horizontal bars....but hey might be an option for me. (course I don't want the pay for the taillights too...)
    Check out the extra plastic section on the front edge..gives them some extra width to cover the lens....and probably the VX too ...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISUZU-RODEO-...c#ht_516wt_731
    Queen of all that is ebay - why don't you contact the seller and find out where he got the guards? They don't look home made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Meh...

Doug, yours & Julians are great, & also offer protection...

HOWEVER...for those of you who are considering the plastic ones...

You can do it yourself with some door moulding & a little patience/skill...

I always thought you had custom tail light covers. Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I always thought you had custom tail light covers. Nice work

Here's the latest rendition...

(pic shamelessly ripped from other thread)

That's the same tail light treatment, with an additional layer of stainless hardware cloth over the plastic "what have you"..

If I git my poop inna group this winter, you'll see sump'n different in May...

Dub, your rig looks like an up-armored rolling VX command center. Sick, bro.
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Dub, your rig looks like an up-armored rolling VX command center. Sick, bro.
    man...

It's more of a tool/spare parts repository...with a tow strap.../

Wait'll ya see what's gonna be unveiled @ Moab 2012...

Starting new "hint" thread now.

Hi Doug, this is Will from Australia (again). I really like your tail light guards, i tried to find a pair to buy but since i'm in Australia, it's very limited, and i couldn't find anyone to help me with the mods needed. I found a pair of isuzu rodeo guards on ebay but the shape is not right. I know you've been through a lot of work to make yours, but you know how to make them look/fit right and where to get and do everything. Would you make a pair for me? I could paypal or western union the money for you. If you're busy or working, or can't do it is ok, i just thought about asking and stop drooling over your car photos [] i saw it on vehicross.info (wekilled) and looks great!
    Thank you, Will.

Quote Originally Posted by braaus View Post
    Hi Doug, this is Will from Australia (again). I really like your tail light guards, i tried to find a pair to buy but since i'm in Australia, it's very limited, and i couldn't find anyone to help me with the mods needed. I found a pair of isuzu rodeo guards on ebay but the shape is not right. I know you've been through a lot of work to make yours, but you know how to make them look/fit right and where to get and do everything. Would you make a pair for me? I could paypal or western union the money for you. If you're busy or working, or can't do it is ok, i just thought about asking and stop drooling over your car photos [] i saw it on vehicross.info (wekilled) and looks great!
    Thank you, Will.
    VXKat and I are looking into making a set a guards. If she finds a Rodeo set, I agreed to make the mounting brackets to fit her VX. I can keep you updated on this project as it progresses.

Hey Will in oz!

Try Holden Frontera 1998-2004 rear light guards... same vehicle as the rodeo!

Hope that helps!

Will:

Sorry man, two issues:

- I am way deep in middle of masters thesis right now. (took a quick break)

- Second issue is everyone's body panels are lined up slightly different from each other, and even if I fabbed them, they might rub someplace. Mine aren't even a 100% success. I still want to tweak them a little as they touch ever so slightly on the drivers side. Also a little off as they both tilt maybe an 1/8 inch outward too much. The way I did it you need to drill a second set of holes in your VX lights on the black lip and since I don't have your VX...

It takes patience, but if you measure it can be done. With few exceptions I just copied Julian911 thread anyway. That and keep a look out on ebay for guards. I know that if you can find a welder like I did the rest can be done with a hammer, visegrips, and lots of swearing.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Will, another thing to keep in mind, is that their Rodeo is actually our Jackaroo.
    AFAIK, they don't have "our" Rodeos.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Will, another thing to keep in mind, is that their Rodeo is actually our Jackaroo.
    AFAIK, they don't have "our" Rodeos.

PK
    I thought the Jackaroo was our Trooper (box-y isuzu) and the Frontera was our Rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I thought the Jackaroo was our Trooper (box-y isuzu) and the Frontera was our Rodeo.
    We are both right -

The early Jackaroo's were box shaped and same as your Trooper. At that stage we also had the Frontera from Spain, and the MU as a grey import.

Then the later Jackeroo's were the same as your Rodeos. The Frontera's were discontinued in Australia about the same time.

Our "Rodeos" are utes, or pick-ups in 'merican lingo.

PK

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    We are both right -
    I love it when that happens . I've just been researching the Australian snorkel market & had to learn all the different Isuzu names.

Seems like the new Rodeo would be a good fit for us 'Mericans with our pick ups. Sadly we're denied.