Thread: Jeep SRT8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Jeep SRT8

Man I love this truck, not anywhere as nice looking as our VX's but it is tough looking and fast to boot... I am going to test drive a black one next week.
    Fully loaded is around 45k. My VX is giving me some problems again... Do not think I will sell it but if this jeep is nice enough you never know. I need 4 doors since I have the new baby to cart around. But I just love my VX too much, wish I could afford 2 have both.

http://www.drivesrt.com/en/jeep/

6.1-liter SRT8 Hemi V8
    420 HP
    420 TQ
    0-60 in 4.7
    1/4 in 13.3
    0.92g of the Skidpad
    0-100-0 low 19 secs
    60-0 125 feet

Check out these vids...

http://www.wkjeeps.com/video/jeep_srt8_tv.wmv

http://www.wkjeeps.com/video/SRT8_Pikes_Peak_med.wmv

Last edited by Cyrk : 01/20/2006 at 10:49 PM

Tell me about it...I tried to talk my mother into getting one (totally for her of course, it really doesn't matter to me )

I may look for one a few years down the road...good luck if you get it!

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Those are some nice (performance) numbers, but do you really want to pull .92Gs with a baby on board? Or a 4.7 0-60 even?

$45k puts you in BMW X5 territory, which, while not as fast, is likely to be far more comfortable, safe, reliable and sensible.
    I've had both (Jeeps and BMWs) in my driveway. The Jeeps taught me how to turn wrenches and the Bimmers taught me how to drive. Which one is more important to you?

Not to rain on your parade (it's just what I do I'm afraid), but lately I've been associating the SRT badge with "cars/trucks that didn't need to be built." Anyone can install a big motor, but as is the case with the SRT4 and SRT10, frosting on dogpoo doesn't make a cake -it just makes frosting covered dogpoo.

hehe well said Mbeach

A friend of mine working at BMW dealership advised (silently of course) against X5 citing quality issues. It is one of the most popular models...at the service department that is Jeep is awesome but does it have to be 6.1L engine? No wonder people overseas don't buy US vehicles...with import duty of 2.25 euros per cubic cm it gets VERY expensive...and I bet premium fuel only, huh?

My father bought an X5 a little over a year ago. It has been in the shop five or six times for electrical issues; sometimes for weeks at a time. Imagine having to jumpstart your Bimmer every morning. Their solution is to change the battery until the new one dies. It's on the thrid battery. We are currently trying to have the truck replaced under the Lemon law.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Quote Originally Posted by Elric
    A friend of mine working at BMW dealership advised (silently of course) against X5 citing quality issues.
    That really is horrifying.
    Maybe it's punishment from God for having the Zs built in South Carolina. Similar to MBs curse for the Alabama M-Class.
    I hope that it's not the start of a trend -I have been fantasizing about finding another '99 M3 for a summer car, so maybe I'll pre-date the curse.

Edmunds is hardly impartial, so I take everything with a grain -or spoonful of salt.

I was not too far from Anchorage last night -I had to drive to Willow and back to pick up a dog -the roads were NASTY. I'll bet you guys got dumped on.