View Poll Results: Switch, knob, buttons...?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rotary Switch with preset torque splits

19 57.58%
  • Potentiometer, knob or slider with infinite torque splits

4 12.12%
  • Buttons, each with its own torque split value

7 21.21%
  • Wheel, with preset torque splits

4 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: TOD controller - knob, wheel, or buttons?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is good news!!! I was pretty bummed when the original project halted...

So now that we are on topic of TOD and stuff. Anyone know exactly what JDM TOD unit/parts would be needed to do a conversion?
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

can't help on the jdm conversion but can give an update... We've started some prelimary design... By we I mean my brother...

It will have a small LCD screen and two buttons for changing your tod front percentage

Smile Jdm Tod

Quote Originally Posted by Knigh7s View Post
    This is good news!!! I was pretty bummed when the original project halted...

So now that we are on topic of TOD and stuff. Anyone know exactly what JDM TOD unit/parts would be needed to do a conversion?
    I believe our JDM TOD boxes are totally different. They are made by Aisen (spelling?) and not the same as the brand you use.
    That is why we get all the goodies like -
    2wd
    Dipstick
    Fill tube.

Now that you guys are green with envy, I will retire into my bunker down under.

Of course the down side is - we can't buy any bloody parts for ours!!!!

Sorry guys, just noticed I was on 13 posts.
    Can't leave it that way - my TOD might fall out on the way home.

PK

We've got the concept proven...

We're now working out what will be best for everyone? Do you think we need the ability to "fine tune" to an exact percentage, or is: 5%, 25%, 50%, 100% enough?

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    We've got the concept proven...

We're now working out what will be best for everyone? Do you think we need the ability to "fine tune" to an exact percentage, or is: 5%, 25%, 50%, 100% enough?

What do you think?
    That is great news! As for the percentages, just curious, would there be any difference between 0 to 5% while driving, I'm sure it wouldnt be to noticable of a differance at all? we are talking about the torque split to the front right? so couldnt you just do 0, 25, 50, 100? well, if 5% isn't really significant of a change, then it shouldnt matter... Bleh, rambling.. sorry...

Can't do the 0%, it's too much stress on the clutch that holds the front from spinning. I believe TOD operates at 5% minimum which is why we would need to have this be our minimum. However 5% coupled with manual hubs turned off should give you nearly the same results as 0%.

Just want to be safe. Also 5% and manual hubs still isn't safe for burnouts, 2 wheel dynos etc.

REALLY?!?!?! This is exciting! I would love it!

As for selections, I'm no pro as to guessing what torque splits would be best, but 4-5 selections total would be most desirable for me. My best guesses as to what the best choices would be is: 5%, 20%, 30%, 50%, 70%.

I'm assuming when you listed percentages you meant % going to the front wheels. So obviously 5% for as much power sent to the rear as possible. Now I won't confess to having as intamte a knowledge of the TOD as I'm sure you have now, but wouldn't 100% have the same problems as 0%? And honestly, I prefer power going to the back anyway. As for 20, 30, 70-- I'm just guessing, but I think some testing would reveal the best splits. The only reason I don't include 25% is because of all the cars I've seen/heard of with driver adjustable splits, I've never seen a 25/75 split

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Can't do the 0%, it's too much stress on the clutch that holds the front from spinning. I believe TOD operates at 5% minimum which is why we would need to have this be our minimum. However 5% coupled with manual hubs turned off should give you nearly the same results as 0%.

Just want to be safe. Also 5% and manual hubs still isn't safe for burnouts, 2 wheel dynos etc.
    Ah! the light, I now understand. I wasn't really going for a 0%, I was just curious as to why you would have to do something as low as 5% instead of just 0. But I sees the light!

I would prolly stick to you percentage splits, it seems the most logical out of it all. ( 5%, 25%, 50%, 100% )

Keep up the great work!