I'm glad that people seem to be leaning towards the 'rally VX' style torque splits. I've reconfigured the circuit to operate with even fewer components (less cost!) as long as we stick with discrete torque values.

I was thinking about an Isuzu 4WD button, ala Trooper, to activate the TOD controller. This switch would a.) turn off the AUTO display, and b.) turn on the controller.

The knob (maybe a junkyard fan control knob from a Rodeo) will be mounted anywhere there's space -I won't build it into the controller box, so You can pick where it goes. We can lower the cost even more by using this knob to turn the controller off and on -this'll eliminate the need for the separate dash-mounted button.

I've been running the prototype with a 5 ohm load on one of my benches for the last 22 hours -at 88% duty cycle, which should correspond to 4hi. It's in a sealed plastic project box, so there's no air movement. If it's going to fail, it'll do it on the bench and not under your seat.

I've taken to calling the TOD controller the "Torque Monkey," a name which I can't take credit for (this was a pet name for a similar device prototyped (but never completed) for controlling the torque split on a auto trans WRX).