Thread: Cruise Control issues

Cruise Control issues

Not that its a very serious problem, but mainly wanted to see if its normal or not. Anyone else having or have had these issues with the cruise control?

1) If i am cruising along with cruise control on, and I decide to gas it to say pass a semi or whatever, if I gas it relatively firmly (not meaning I stomp it), it will send the cruise system into trouble mode. By which, I mean the CC dash light will start blinking. I can still turn the main power to cc on and off, but from that point on, if its on it blinks. However all it takes is turning the car off and back on, and cc starts working fine again.

2) Sometimes, if cc decides it needs to downshift to make it up a hill, it wont ever upshift even after I get to the top and start heading back down the hill again, however the instant I turn cc off, it automatically upshifts.

Any ideas and fixes would be appreciated.

No opinions on this at all? Anyone even know if this is common?

I very rarely ever use cruise control, but I used it a few times on a recent road trip. From what I can remember, and from my recent experience, I've never had either of these two things happen. Pushing on the accelerator while in cruise control mode should make the vehicle speed up until you let off, at which time it should coast back to the original set speed. When you need a little extra power to maintain the set speed, it will downshift just long enough to get you back to that speed, then resume the original gear. This is how mine has always worked, so I suspect there may be a problem with yours if it behaves the way you described.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I am not having this trouble, but I did just start having trouble with my cruise control. My problem is when I a cruising along and hit the brake, it used to just deactivate the seting. Now when I hit the brake the light starts blinking and the cruise kind of surges then I can't get it reset until I turn the system totally off and back on again. It sounds like a small problem, but I always turn my cruise off with the break, I never pull the dial to the cancel position. It is odd you would make this post just a couple days after mine started screwing up. Sorry I can't help you, but maybe someone can help me in the meantime. Thanks for your help everyone. Good luck!

Luke