Thread: passenger seat wont go forward

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

passenger seat wont go forward

my passenger seat broke a little bit ago...i dont know the best way to explain this but ill try my best. so there is the little lever on the outside of the seat that you normally pull upward to make the seat go forward...well whatever connects the lever to the mechanics of my seat broke...i believe its a plastic peice, because i took the seat apart and looked inside a little bit...is there any way to fix this little break? because it is terrible trying to get people into the back seat of my car now...any help would be great...thanks
    pbkid

same thing happened on mine (I think). there are two different levers, one on each side of the seat. if the one closest to the door broke, try using the one closest to the center console. it's a painintheass for sure but it'll let you know if you have a different problem.

Yep..

Happened to both my driver and passenger side seats. Both broke off on my driver's side and one broke off my passenger side.
    Also, both seats have had the seat bracket replaced at least 2 times and suposed to be replaced again, but Isuzu said they wouldn't cover it again even though it was still under warranty because I had an after market air cleaner which modifies the Vehicross and voids the warranty.
    Both seats come apart from the bottom half and top half of the seat. If you grab the bottom and attempt to shake it it is securely mounted to the floor, but if you grab the top half and shake it almost breaks the top half of the seat off.
    I should have sold both of these POS Recarros when they were new and everyone wanted them. I can't stand the stock Leather Recarros POS's. They are much more trouble and hastle then they are worth in Leather.

well i was using my inside one for a little bit because i figured out that would work....but now my seat wont do it at all...it just feels stuck...but of course its out of warranty so im not sure how to fix it myself...tell me if anyone has any ideas.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    So I'm not the only one with this problem! Good - I guess. The lever broke off of my driver seat a few weeks ago, which is not really much of a problem since I didn't use it too much

My OTHER problem with the driver's seat is that the seatback seems to recline slowly on its own. I have noticed that every couple of days, I have to turn the knob to raise the seatback back up a bit. Not much, but a bit. I have an extended warranty, but I don't think I could convince ANYONE that this is happening. Time to shell out for a replacement, I guess. Anyone have one (red)?

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    The 11 hours later update...

Last night's post got me thinking, so I took another look at my broken seatback-release lever handle, and I realized it wasn't broken at all. The end of it is hollow (like a tube), and there were no broken edges on it, so I realized that it must have come off its mount. I pulled back the plastic trim piece on the seat that the lever normally mounts through, and saw the little metal arm that it is supposed to attach to. Then end of the arm has a friction clip on it, which holds the plastic lever on. So I just shoved it back on this morning, and it works again! Yay! But the mechanism is rather "sticky" and won't budge unless you get it just right. Pbkid, you should take another look at yours and seee if the same thing happened to you.

Anyone else have the problem with the seatback reclining on its own?

naw thats not the problem i have cuz i already took that part of the seat apart to try to figure it out myself...rather instead the bar that the plastic peice goes on...has a little metal slide on it that connects it to the mechanics of the seat...it has broken which causes me to have no way to get the seat to go forwards...i think mine is pretty much done for, im either gonna have to get a new seat or take it to the dealership to get it fixed...kinda bummed about it..