Originally posted by paultvx
It was late and I quickly skimmed over your post so if I had misunderstood what you were proposing to, I apologize.
Not a big deal, no apology needed. I sometimes tend to rattle on and sometimes I jump around so much, its hard to follow me anyway! lol You should try carrying on a coversatioin with me IRL.

Regardless, I think based on what you described a single 12 is probably best... if there is enough air volume.
A single 12" should be no problem as they have changed a lot since the old days... like I said, my JL12W0 is good for around .6 cubic foot... of course, if your a little short, a little poly fill will make up for it... and not really a bad idea anyway... we put that crap in ALL of our speaker displays we build.

I don't think there is enough there for two 10s with their own chambers... is there?
I'm not sure exactly how much space I'm going to end up with, but if there is close to enough space for a pair of 10's, if you run your amp in mono and they are working together... it doesn't require that you have a separate chamber... some people disagree, but if they are in phase, I'm not sure why you would need it... just my experience.

A panel designed to take a 12 would be great since I already have one... though, if it isn't possible a dual voice coil 10 might be the way to go. Perhaps you can make your design be compatible for both 10 or 12 via an add-on adpater ring for those who perfer using a single 10. Just an idea.
Yeah, somewhere up in one of my posts I commented that maybe I'd design the panel to accept a 12" sub, but leave it uncut so that you could put a 10" sub in there instead. Certainly this would work just fine... if you were concerned about not having enough space for a single 12", it would be just great for a single 10". As for dual voice coil 10"... I always run my subs mono... but I like running my VC's in parallel to drop my load and get more power.

Anyway, gotta head to work soon... better get the day started. TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!