Originally posted by coachreed
I'm not sure exactly how much space I'm going to end up with, but if there is close to enough space for a pair of 10's, if you run your amp in mono and they are working together... it doesn't require that you have a separate chamber... some people disagree, but if they are in phase, I'm not sure why you would need it... just my experience.
Coach... aka Randy!

I found that the speakers fight against each other and wear each other out over time if they are not seperated. They are both pushing up at the same time and one has to submit and go down into the box. They don't look right when they pound, it souns O.K. for a while but your putting unwanted stress on your subs. Thats my experience. I have a setup kind of like this and I had to reverse the possitive and negative on a channel so that one would be pushing down while the other pushing up. If they were seperated they would sound a lot better.

My dream box would be for 2-12's to be seperated in a curved box that fits in the back perfectly, and at an angle like a truck box laid on its back. I want to be able to recline the seats still so the top/front has to be somewhat skinny. It's not really stealth but it could almost look stock.

I think I am just going to buy 2 truck boxes and lay them on their back and see how it works for sound quality. Has anyone tried this? I won't be able to do this for a while due to lack of funds, but as soon as my supercharger is in and I upgrade my breaks, this will be the next project. I am planning on having an all Infinity system with the new 12.1D's and the 6.1 and 5.1 component speakers. This system should be rock'n by the time I'm through with it.