Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: VX Community Occupations

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I need to update mine as well:

Pharmaceutical development manager for a POST-market biotech company (Whoo-hoooooo!!!! Go Alexion!!!!). We got approval for our first drug last month, and hopefully someone's selling some of it. :-)

8 1/2 years and counting, and still hoping for a buyout!

Im an unemployed wanna-be student hoping to get a job at Stetson University so I can go back to school. I only live across the street. Im a veteran, former state employee, worked with missile systems, worked on the Shuttle's Return to Flight Initiative, administrated an electronics company, but cant get a job? what gives? Anybody need their car washed? I recently had to abandon my classes at DBCC with a 100 average in college algebra to go work a one week assignment in Athens, GA that paid 24 bucks an hour. Eat or school? At least it was a fun camping/ working trip. Hopefully not here much longer at this rate. The hilarious part is chicken processing plants in Alabama pay more than the median income in Volusia County. People hate it when I say that. lolololololololol

I'm a photographer. Hence the vehicross.info handle "PHO2GR4", which is also my license plate (on my Z, not my VX). I've been taking pictures since I was 7 years old, and I went professional around 23 years ago. Talk about a dream job...I get paid to do what I love. Don't tell my clients, but I'd probably shoot for free!

And it gives me a very flexible schedule, which is why I can take impractical, expensive road trips whenever I want.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Systems engineer for a defense contractor. In my spare time (yeah, right), I rework my old house (she hits the big 4-0 this year). The house is a labor of love and, at times, frustration. Did I mention that plumbing is from hell!
    DeepSilentComplete :coolr:

He postulated that cognitive simulacra might one day approximate component models of the psyche.

wow its been a while since somebody posted so i thought id add in, currently active coast guard wrench turner

Started a home inspection business this year AND put the VX to work!
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

im a salvage diver and a bouncer at a local bar(not for the pay)
    My cow died last night ......so I don't need your bull!

Talking

Time for another update ... :P Well, I moved across the country. And now I am a flight attendant flying across most of the Midwest and East Coast! Maybe when I overnight in PA or NC or anyother state fellow VXer's are located we can get together. I am spending New Years in Charlotte, NC... Anyone out there??? And I will be in Pittsburg tomorrow? Anyone? Or how about Manchester, NY on the 23rd??? Anyone...? I will be rather bored??
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

How does that occupation pay? I have always wondered. Crazy sched...

parts runner for a honda dealership in southern california... where i got ahold of my baby... delivering from Ventura to Goleta and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    Time for another update ... :P Well, I moved across the country. And now I am a flight attendant flying across most of the Midwest and East Coast! Maybe when I overnight in PA or NC or anyother state fellow VXer's are located we can get together. I am spending New Years in Charlotte, NC... Anyone out there??? And I will be in Pittsburg tomorrow? Anyone? Or how about Manchester, NY on the 23rd??? Anyone...? I will be rather bored??
    Hey CeCe, My wife flys for American,she loves it. Who are you flying for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Massage Therapist--mostly humans,but more and more animals all the time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    How does that occupation pay? I have always wondered. Crazy sched...
    The pay sucks! about $15 per flight hour and $1.26 for every hour I am on the ground. I am the lower man on the todem pole so I got paid about $700 last month... Sucks! But I have a more steady schedule now and that should double this month. But it still sucks! I am used to much more working as a server. But it has great benefits! And I love my job!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Hey CeCe, My wife flys for American,she loves it. Who are you flying for?

I work for Mesa Airlines. They are a codeshare with Delta, United and US Airways. We fly all of their express flights. I fly out of O'Hare, so I fly all the United Express flights. I am looking to go mainline, but it will be hard to get a line. I will be sitting reserve for so long. But if the pay is better, it might be worth it. I am looking at going to Southwest!

I have heard some crazy things about flight attendants and married pilots away from home... watch out for those guys! But have you noticed yet, party-scene pilots with party pads hosting port to port parties? I know you don't drink, but it still sounds like some good times... ENJOY!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I'm a career Creative Director (Graphic Designer) and remodeler of houses (mostly my own right now) in the spare time I don't have.