Thread: VX Community Occupations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita
    I grew up wanting to be a singer.. loved jazz, but my first voice teacher carefully taught me to love classical music and opera, where my talent really was. Though I studied Business in university I sang and studied music right alongside. I studied a couple summers in Austria and then did the competition thing winning the Metropolitan Opera Audtions. I studied and sang with some of the greatest singers and conductors since then. Now in Los Angeles, I do studio work for film and television, teach voice and coordinate a community concert series, am an office IT, and newletter editor in the Los Angeles area. I travel a good deal around the country singing in recital when I can. Right now I am doing whatever I can to help my fiancee who lives in Austin find a job here in L.A. so he can move back and we finally get married.
    Anita,

If that falls through, i'll marry ya <wink>

Telecom Engineer for Bellsouth. I write instruction books telling people how to place fiber optic equipment into telephone collection sites.

Talking

Wow, great stuff in this thread, people.

I just joined the forums and don't have a VX (yet). Thought I'd say hello anyways since I didn't see anybody else from Michigan. I'm gonna go hunting for one to test drive in the next week or so I'm super busy though, working a full-time job and doing some side work (programming/sysadmin) to build startup capital. (Un)fortunately, my 1993 GMC Jimmy is starting to get in the way of profitable work so it's time for it to go. My wife drives a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback, which I like but it's too small for my taste.

Hi, my name is Tobert and I'm a ...
    Software Infrastructure Development Architect (say that 5 times quickly)
    Linux & Unix Administrator
    trombone player (http://www.beltlinebigband.com)
    aspiring entrepeneur
    computer programmer (perl, C, etc.)
    car geek (been working on cars since I could walk)

Cheers!
    -Tobert

Great thread! I'm a chef / restaurant owner -- a private fine dining club in a 1912 mansion in Shreveport's historic Highland District. Also, husband, father, and co-shuttle driver for soccer, dance, football, lacrosse, gymnastics, etc...

btw, I've noticed quite a few references to HST and other similarly twisted bits...the VX attracts the best of us! We are, after all, trained professionals.
    thankyouthankyouverymuch

Velvis, that wouldnt happen to be a bed and breakfast would it? Might have to take the wife for a weekend trip sometime

It's not, but there is an excellent B&B (Fairfield Place) one block away with dining privileges at the Cambridge Club. Call or email me if you are coming, I'll hook you up. Maybe I can round up Thickness for a Shreveport mini meet!

sounds good, will probably have to be after school gets out, so we wont have to be here to get the kids up early and stuff lol

NDT / NDE (Non-Destructive Testing / Evaluation) Technician & Lab Manager - I do mostly industrial x-ray inspections (RT-II), but we also do magnetic particle (MT), liquid penetrant (PT), ultrasonic testing (UT) etc... Basically I'm a professional crack finder! That's what my wife says anyway!