Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: VX Community Occupations

I was a helicopter crewchief for the last 3 years and just left that to go back to UPS fulltime to drive(been there 7 years).

I am a custom cabinet builder and also a finisher. I have been for the past 6 years. Previous to that, I was in the retail business, starting at Giant Eagle as a produce clerk(9 years) then moving on up to a produce supervisor for BJ's wholesale club. Not quite the engineer, tech, pilot and all the other significant titles as listed above. Someday.......... maybe. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CostieCosta
    I go for Boot Camp for the Coast Guard this May 29, thats where my life is going for the next 20 years, cuz i'm making it a carreer, and after 20 years i'll be retiared and start my own surf shops and vacations bongalos for rich people and poor surfers that want a good time in Costa Rica, my fiancee is in hospetality menagment, so we both will start our business over there after im done. I'll only be 42 years old when i retier , and surf world class surf back at my birth home till i die. for now i'm a securty officer at UCF <-----other words a rent-a-cop, lol.
    Careful, coastie... Opinions tend to change during and after basic training. And while I'm sure you've done your homework, by anecdotal evidence, a lot of coast guard enlistees, by even larger margins than the other military branches, are surprised at what they thought they were getting into, and what they end up doing. Again, not saying you're in this group...but some don't realize that the Coast Guard is an armed service. For a fresh enlistee, there's a lot of "how high?" when being told to jump. And there are lots and lots of folks joining the USCG with that very same surfshop plan.

Jimmy BUffet was a coastie once too... when he was much younger...he did not find being a lower enlisted man anything like margaritaville

Either way, great luck to you. I honestly hope it turns out how you want it. At the end of the day, situations are how you make it. The vast majority of coasties I know love it.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

Well ZEUS, it looks like you restarted it.

I am an Electronic Technician at a contract manufacturer. We build stuff for IGT, Bally gamming and a few other gaming companies. We are currently working on our ISO certification for automotive. We are working with TYCO industries on a contract for a circuit board that goes in a fuse box. Also we are looking at making some seat position sensors for Crysler. We are a very small company but it is growing like crazy.

I am a claims risk management adjudicator full time. I own a small ebay business. And am a law-school student.

custom woodworker/furniture builder/ trim man. own my own business for last 15 yrs. buld alot of librarys, and fireplace mantels, custom staircases, etc....I Love my work, clients love my work, and that makes life pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    Well ZEUS, it looks like you restarted it.
    Yeah, I kind of hoped too! I like these types of threads.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Talking

Safety & Quality Coordinator | Trainer | IT for Swissport North America

Soon to be business owner! (fingers crossed)
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

I am a retired cargo pilot and a Vol firefighter. The VX has responded to many calls and it even has a lightbar installed.
    Bob Seidman
    1999 VX Silver #1036 (born on 5/18/99)
    1980 308 Ferrari GTS Red #31495
    1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite
    2009 Smart Passion Coupe

Arrow

Project Coordinator for a general contractor company that specializes in emergency relief/restoration.

Geophysicist and system admin for a small geophysical company.
    Seismo

Paint technician at a locally owned hardware store (pays the bills). But in my spare time I provide over watch to a bunch of guys with assualt rifles that look after spacific important items

Custom Independent4x 4.5" suspension lift, Custom Independent4x 3" body lift, 36x13.50R16 Irok radials, 16x8 American Racing Mojave teflons, Warn locking front hubs, Independent4x extended braided brake lines, Independent4x heavy duty tie rods, Calmini extended bump stops, Calmini extended brake line brackets, Rancho RS9000X shocks,1.5" wheel spacers, And trimmed cladding

Quote Originally Posted by spaceCADETzoom
    Careful, coastie... Opinions tend to change during and after basic training. And while I'm sure you've done your homework, by anecdotal evidence, a lot of coast guard enlistees, by even larger margins than the other military branches, are surprised at what they thought they were getting into, and what they end up doing. Again, not saying you're in this group...but some don't realize that the Coast Guard is an armed service. For a fresh enlistee, there's a lot of "how high?" when being told to jump. And there are lots and lots of folks joining the USCG with that very same surfshop plan.

Jimmy BUffet was a coastie once too... when he was much younger...he did not find being a lower enlisted man anything like margaritaville

Either way, great luck to you. I honestly hope it turns out how you want it. At the end of the day, situations are how you make it. The vast majority of coasties I know love it.

Oh i know spaceCADET, thank you though, i know what u mean, but i also know the danger behind it and the sacrifice. Not saying that i wont like it or will, the main reason i'm doing it is for my future life but more important the future of the familyI will have, and if i end up not liking it, then oh well, cuz i'm gonna have to bring food and a roof to my family and thats the way my parants raise me, thats what will motivate me. but's only a 20 year sacrifice, after that i'll have half my life left to enjoy. but i'm sure i'll end up likeing it, cuz i love the water, love military stuff, and traveling and a new change in life . but again, thank you for ur concern .

I'm an Animator and Storyboard artist working in the games industry.
    Up until two years ago when I returned to the Old Sod I was working in feature films. That's Cartoons to you. :bwgr:
    Never pack a gob****e there's always one waiting for you when you get there.