At least, that's what Andy, the manager of Jiffy Lube Store #391 in Miami tried to do, so he could bend me over and stick me with a big bill full of extras.

I only went there in the first place cause I wanted to change my oil and PCV valve this weekend, but couldn't find the time, so last night I changed the PCV and left the oil for another day. This morning, I decided that I'd be really busy this week, and wouldn't have a chance to do it... so that leaves Jiffy Lube.

Here's what they did:
  1. They tried to sell me the Penzoil synthetic for an extra $20, but Penz isn't even a grade 4 synthetic, so I was like "no way, give me regular oil".

2. Then, they tried to tell me that I should change my air filter. But I am running a MorganTec CAI with a wire mesh filter. So I laughed and wisened them up to the fact.

3. THEN, the manager comes running into the office, while they're filling up the oil, and tells me, "Hey, look, here's your PCV valve, you should replace it." I look at it, and it's not a 90 degree angle PCV. I said, "that's not my PCV." He says, "sure it is, my guy just took it out." I walked over to my car and looked, and the guy didn't unclamp the hose, he just disassembled the PCV into its 2 components. I shook it, and it rattled. It was the one I put in last night. I told the manager, "I put this PCV valve in LAST NIGHT. Check it, it's fine." He gave it to the tech and walked away. He knew he was busted.

4. FINALLY, 15 minutes later, the guy has the balls to try to charge me over $50, saying I opted for synthetic "blend" oil. I was livid. I refused to pay the upcharge. He said he couldn't give me the synthetic blend at regular price. I told him that I asked for regular oil. So he offered me either a $7 discount or to drain my car and use regular oil. I'm not waiting again. I took the discount

Then, I left, called up Jiffy Lube corporate, and got them to refund me the difference, and also filed a complaint.

I am NEVER going to Jiffy Lube again! If I can't find the time to do it myself, it's a regular garage for me...