Hey all - Jim (jgalt) from the 4x4 Wire and ZUtah boards ... I was looking for some assistance in the Dayton/Franklin area of Ohio ... someone that could put some eyes on a VX that I located at a dealer (Midtowne Auto in Franklin, Ohio) and that I'm interested in purchasing (Zu number four for me, but my first VX).

If possible, I'd like to get a VX knowledgeable but dis-interested third-party to take a look and perhaps take it for a test drive to ensure black smoke isn't spewing from the rear-end and the steering wheel doesn't shimmy uncontrollably at highway speeds before I shell out the $$ to purchase it sight unseen (makes me kinda nervous).

I'll need to drive it back home (~1,500 miles) and want to get a sense if it is a good purchase or not. No blame will be placed if it happens to throw a timing belt and I get stuck in the middle of Nebraska. I just want to ensure that its not a POS before I send the $$ and make non-refundable plane reservations.

Anyone? You will have my eternal gratitude and a guaranteed place to crash and a hot meal both before and after ZuZoo if you so desire ... also, if any of you have parts / gear that need to be shipped this way, I'd be happy to take them along for the ride, so please let me know.

Best,

Jim