View Poll Results: Are you in for meeting us in Glenwood Springs?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!!!

6 100.00%
  • I'll meet you there for lunch, but am not going to Moab

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Colorado ZuZoo 2006 Convoy!

VX Only Run

Guys and Gals...MSHardeman, Rickfrmco, etc.

Don't forget to click on the VX only run link and add you name to the list....otherwise, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!

Just a reminder.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Bimati,

I also had another Colorado VX'er (who just purchased a Proton) contact me - and is still trying to decide if he's going to join.

So far I see 5 (+ my proton, making 6). Seeing as the time is getting close - anybody else going to be through that area during our meet and would like to join?

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Biju
    Which route are you guys taking into Utah? We will be coming up the 163 to the 191 out of Arizona.

Never mind, just looked at my map. The 70 takes you in from the north side.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Don't know if any of this will affect you guys but just in case...
    Just something to be aware of:

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moab Main Street

Project Web site: www.udot.utah.gov/moabmainstreet

Project includes the complete reconstruction of Moab Main Street from 300 South to 200 North and pavement rehabilitation from Overlook Road to 500 North. Some utility lines will also be replaced.

Work is complete from 200 North to 100 South and has been suspended until May 1 when crews will return to work from 100 South to 300 South. Pavement rehabilitation activities from Overlook Road to 500 North will also resume on May 1. Construction is expected to wrap up by August 2006. During construction, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone. Motorists can expect a reduced speed limit and moderate delays. All business accesses will remain open. Expected completion: August 2006. (RT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those coming from the west on I-70

Quote:

I-70 from Floy Wash to Crescent Junction (U.S. 191)

Project includes the mill, recycle, and new pavement overlay of this section of Interstate 70 northwest of Moab.

Beginning the week of April 17, crews will mill 1.5 inches of asphalt off the top of the road, mill and recycle 3 inches of pavement, and place 3.5 inches of new asphalt on the road. During construction, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone. Motorists can expect a reduced speed limit and moderate delays. Expected completion: August 2006. (FJ)

Quote:

U.S. 191 from MP 147-151 North of Moab

Project includes the addition of southbound passing lanes, the roto-mill of existing lanes, and a full-width overlay.

Crews will begin work April 17 and will reduce traffic to one lane in alternating directions as directed by flggers and pilot cars. Motorists should expect delays of up to 15 minutes. Expected completion: summer, 2006. (FJ)

Just an FYI for your planning pleasure.

Just an FYI...

There is construction on 191 south from I70 when you exit @ Crescent junction.

My recommendation is to take 128 down that parallels the river @ Cisco exit ~20 mi over the border (BR-6 takes you righ parallel to 70 to the south a couple miles then 128 to the left and follows the river all the way to town). Slightly longer, but WELL worth the miles for the scenery baby!!! Especially if you are going to be driving during daylight hours.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Too funny Billy, I was just typing about that. Was going to go copy/paste it but you already got in there...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimati
    Guys and Gals...MSHardeman, Rickfrmco, etc.

Don't forget to click on the VX only run link and add you name to the list....otherwise, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!

Just a reminder.
    There's going to be soup ?

the 128 is a much prettier drive too!
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    the 128 is a much prettier drive too!
    Is there an echo in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomigo
    Slightly longer, but WELL worth the miles for the scenery baby

MMmmm, soup! :homer:

There's gonna be soup?! Crap, now I have to figure out how to fab a cup holder.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

soup!

There will be soup.

If you join us for lunch in Glenwood!!!

-biju.

Actually if we go where I'm thinking (The Bayou) then it'll be more like gumbo......which is kinda soupyish
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Jay, Lisa and I were planning on swinging up to Pueblo to see Scott (for a coffee) and would love to bring up the rear of your convoy. Not sure how far that is from Pueblo but we'll map it. We are leaving from Houston (we'll be down there for the Grand Prix) and driving straight through so we should be there Monday morning.

GJ Meeting

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! Hope you can join us.

Update on Grand Junction: The convoy is scheduled to meet at the Shell station on Horizon drive sometime around 2PM on the 15th.

Horizon Drive is the main GJ exit with all of the hotels and the airport. When you exit the interstate, you will be staring at a yellow Shell station right in front of you.

Can't Wait....I'm staying at the Sleep Inn with the other VXers.

Bimati