View Poll Results: Are you in for meeting us in Glenwood Springs?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!!!

6 100.00%
  • I'll meet you there for lunch, but am not going to Moab

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Colorado ZuZoo 2006 Convoy!

I agree with "Dos Hombres" in Glenwood Springs for your lunch if it works for the group. It's good food, and plenty of space to stretch out inside or outside (although parking is tight).

If y'all decide to eat in Grand Junction, there are many restaurants available close to the meeting place, but we should all still plan on meeting at the Shell station on Horizon Drive.

Let me know what you guys think. I am flexible for anything.

Talking

Hey there, Locomigo!
    Hunny here with an update on WyldWeasel's whereabouts. Currently deep in west Kansas on I70, hoping for Denver around midnight, mountain time. Got a late start out of the dealer in KC Mo. Breakfast tomorrow, perhaps? On the cell at (805) 217 4695, call anytime. Looks like the Weasel will be up late.

Update from the Weasel and apologies for this thread hijack but Locomigo's PM quota is full :

Called, but got no reply. Leaving Denver hotel (near airport) around 10 am, will stop in Glenwood Springs (cause I wanna see the caves). Will try you again when I reach Glenwood Springs, maybe we can still hook up.
    Last edited by WyldWeasel : 05/04/2006 at 08:44 AM
    VX: What your Murano dreams it could be...

Just a heads up for those of you who plan on going to Dos Hombres: Passed thru Glenwood Springs yesterday. There is road work on 6th street just off the freeway that might make things confusing for those who are unfamiliar with the area. It's certainly navigable, just a bit distracting.

On a related note, there is road construction through parts of Glenwood Canyon heading west all the way to No Name rest area.

The road construction mentioned earlier in this thread on the Westbound I-70 leading into the 191 turn off to Moab does indeed narrow the road down to 1 lane, and that surface was so bad that it's easier to drive half on the shoulder.

Had scattered thunderstorms last night all thru Utah. But the ambient air temp was very tolerable. It's really nice outside here in Vegas today. Sunny but not scorching. If the weather's like it was yesterday, it should be be very nice for Moab. But then we're talking another 10 days, and anything can happen before then.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

ZuVoy ZuVoy ZuVoy...

WyldWeasel/Moncha/Triathlete/etc: Good info on the construction and scenic routes. Thanks.

I've updated the original post with the CB & 2-way channels. They are:

CB Channel: 17
    Walkie-Talkie: Channel 9, Code 0

Still meeting in Glenwood. Still on 05/15/06. Still at 11:00am. Everybody's still invited. MOAB!

Be there, or be obtuse!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Can someone email me the street address of where we're meeting and maybe a phone number or two? I'll respond with my cell #. We leave Houston on Sun morning and will probably drive straight thru since there are three of us. See ya'll soon!

directions...

Tone,

Here's the info:

Where: “Hot Springs Lodge & Pool” parking lot : Glenwood Springs, CO.
    Directions: I-70 West to Exit 116. (you can't miss it).
    http://www.hotspringspool.com/

I don't see an address (other than a P.O. box) on the site. I'll email you some phone numbers right now, Tone...

Plan is we're just gonna meet, chat, pictures, wait a while for others to show up, and then probably just take off for lunch in GJ. I guess we'll just call Bimati along the way and iron out where we're eating, etc...

Rick (other GJ VX'er) - will we see you there? Would be good to meet you even though you may not go to Zu...!!!

-biju
    Last edited by biju : 05/10/2006 at 08:08 PM

moabmoabmoabmoabmoabmoabmoab...

24 hours, 13 minutes until we meet...

-biju.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

Thumbs up

hey im excited guys, gonna be real cool to see all those vx's cruising...yea you cant miss the glenwood hot springs, its right there next to the road, its huge...anyways, any additions anyone wanted to add to the list that was posted earlier? just trying to get everything together...might have to stop by walmart to pick up last minute things...

The convoy was a surprising success!

I was very surprised and pleased to see so many VX'ers make it to Glenwood Springs! Thank you all for making it! It was a blast, and very cool to see all those machines roll down the highway...

Those in attendance were:

Larry (Ldub - Fargo, ND)
    Jim (Ldub's friend w/ trooper - Fargo, ND)
    Jack (Pbkid - Greeley, CO)
    Bill (biju - Westminster, CO)
    Chris (biju's friend w/ Proton - Westminster, CO)
    Kenny w/ wife (Kenny - Winnipeg, Manitoba)
    Mark (MSHardeman - Basalt, CO)
    Larry (LEG 01VX - Houston, TX)
    Jeff (bimati - Grand Junction, CO)

Here are some picks of the event:

I know others have more pictures than I do for this event. Please post!!! I'd love to see them.

I'd like very much to do this again for next year - so for those planning on making the trip to Moab consider making a stop for CoZu II !!!

-biju.