View Poll Results: Are you in for meeting us in Glenwood Springs?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!!!

6 100.00%
  • I'll meet you there for lunch, but am not going to Moab

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colorado ZuZoo 2006 Convoy!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

Colorado ZuZoo 2006 Convoy! : AFTERMATH

Colorado ZuZoo 2006 Convoy!

Calling all VX’ers – You going to Moab this year? Will your travels take you through Colorado on I-70? If so, let’s gather and caravan to Moab – after all, nothing beats seeing a string of VX’s in front and behind you!

MSHardeman and I have been in contact with each other for a while now regarding the idea of a caravan. After some thought we agreed the best place to meet up would probably be Glenwood Springs along I-70. The plan is to do lunch before heading out for Moab!

The proposed logistics:

Date: 05.15.06
    Time: 11:00am
    Where: “Hot Springs Lodge & Pool” parking lot : Glenwood Springs, CO.
    Directions: I-70 West to Exit 116.
    CB Channel: 17
    Walkie-Talkie: Channel 9, Code 0

Obvious participants would be Colorado VX’ers going to ZuZoo. However, any out of state people interested? Everybody’s invited!!!

-biju.
    Last edited by biju : 05/20/2006 at 08:08 AM Reason: Aftermath!

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Yahoo CoZu!

Way to go Biju. You know I'll be there.

The invitation is open to anyone, but if some of you Colorado VXers just want to do lunch in Glenwood it would be great to have you there.

Bimati - You're more than welcome to come, but I know that it's back tracking for you. If not, we'll call you as we reach Grand Junction, and figure out where to meet up.

Should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to meet everyone.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

CoZu

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I will be in Glenwood or Grand Junction, but I am definitely along for the ride!

I look forward to meeting you fellow VXer's.

Any travelling tips for a newbie besides a bottle of Back to Black?

Sorry, I'll already be in Moab with my Amigo... I know I know... not a VX, but still an Isuzu, and yall should hook up with some of the rest of the guys in the group too throughout the rest of the year. Alwasy somethin going on and wheelin trips planned.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

BUMP - Added another choice to the pack
    Scott / moncha.com

behold! the power of cheese!

Bimati: I'll try to scrounge up the list of things I took for last years trip. Once I find it I'll PM you the list. (anybody else interested?)

Locomigo: Drop me a PM when you go locally. I'll take you up on that offer sometime!

I see we have two more joining: pbkid and raver_boi_88. Welcome. In addition, it's confirmed my roommate is going to roll with. He'll be driving my other VX so that makes 6 in total. Excellent...

-biju.

CoZu

I will try and join up when the caravan hits Grand Junction...not sure if I can get the time off yet. How long does the trip last in terms of staying in the Moab area? Do you all plan on doing the 2 day trail?

Bimati - (Jeff) Got the info you dropped off. Great to hear from a fellow VX owner. I think there are only 3 of us in the Grand Valley.

Rick

I concur with Triathlete. Your friends are welcome. (although, they might have to drive in the back of the caravan! Just kidding...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickfrmco
    I will try and join up when the caravan hits Grand Junction...not sure if I can get the time off yet. How long does the trip last in terms of staying in the Moab area? Do you all plan on doing the 2 day trail?

Bimati - (Jeff) Got the info you dropped off. Great to hear from a fellow VX owner. I think there are only 3 of us in the Grand Valley.

Rick
    Rick - If you're able to go just iron out a place and time you want us to meet you and Bimati in Grand Junction. If you join us for the caravan then the event will run from the 15th - 20th.

Not sure what you mean by the 2day trail. It might exist as a part of the event, but I haven't heard of it.

Hope to see you there...

-biju.

VX Only Run

Guys and Gals...MSHardeman, Rickfrmco, etc.

Don't forget to click on the VX only run link and add you name to the list....otherwise, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!

Just a reminder.

Bimati,

I also had another Colorado VX'er (who just purchased a Proton) contact me - and is still trying to decide if he's going to join.

So far I see 5 (+ my proton, making 6). Seeing as the time is getting close - anybody else going to be through that area during our meet and would like to join?

-biju.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimati
    Guys and Gals...MSHardeman, Rickfrmco, etc.

Don't forget to click on the VX only run link and add you name to the list....otherwise, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!

Just a reminder.
    There's going to be soup ?

the 128 is a much prettier drive too!

Biju
    Which route are you guys taking into Utah? We will be coming up the 163 to the 191 out of Arizona.

Never mind, just looked at my map. The 70 takes you in from the north side.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Don't know if any of this will affect you guys but just in case...
    Just something to be aware of:

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moab Main Street

Project Web site: www.udot.utah.gov/moabmainstreet

Project includes the complete reconstruction of Moab Main Street from 300 South to 200 North and pavement rehabilitation from Overlook Road to 500 North. Some utility lines will also be replaced.

Work is complete from 200 North to 100 South and has been suspended until May 1 when crews will return to work from 100 South to 300 South. Pavement rehabilitation activities from Overlook Road to 500 North will also resume on May 1. Construction is expected to wrap up by August 2006. During construction, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone. Motorists can expect a reduced speed limit and moderate delays. All business accesses will remain open. Expected completion: August 2006. (RT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those coming from the west on I-70

Quote:

I-70 from Floy Wash to Crescent Junction (U.S. 191)

Project includes the mill, recycle, and new pavement overlay of this section of Interstate 70 northwest of Moab.

Beginning the week of April 17, crews will mill 1.5 inches of asphalt off the top of the road, mill and recycle 3 inches of pavement, and place 3.5 inches of new asphalt on the road. During construction, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone. Motorists can expect a reduced speed limit and moderate delays. Expected completion: August 2006. (FJ)

Quote:

U.S. 191 from MP 147-151 North of Moab

Project includes the addition of southbound passing lanes, the roto-mill of existing lanes, and a full-width overlay.

Crews will begin work April 17 and will reduce traffic to one lane in alternating directions as directed by flggers and pilot cars. Motorists should expect delays of up to 15 minutes. Expected completion: summer, 2006. (FJ)

Just an FYI for your planning pleasure.

Just an FYI...

There is construction on 191 south from I70 when you exit @ Crescent junction.

My recommendation is to take 128 down that parallels the river @ Cisco exit ~20 mi over the border (BR-6 takes you righ parallel to 70 to the south a couple miles then 128 to the left and follows the river all the way to town). Slightly longer, but WELL worth the miles for the scenery baby!!! Especially if you are going to be driving during daylight hours.