View Poll Results: Are you in for meeting us in Glenwood Springs?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there!!!

6 100.00%
  • I'll meet you there for lunch, but am not going to Moab

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Colorado ZuZoo 2006 Convoy!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

Excellent

Tone,

That's great news! So that's two more VX's and Benz, right?

Or are you all traveling in the Benz?

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

The more the merrier!! I can't WAIT to see all those VX's cruising down the road. If we turn heads one at a time in these things just think what six or seven of them will do.

Bimati - is the other guy in Junction coming along? If not, is he at least going to meet us at the Shell station?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldWeasel
    There's gonna be soup?! Crap, now I have to figure out how to fab a cup holder.
    Ya think maybe a "bowl holder" might work better ???
    Or are you strictly a "cup-O-soup" type ?

Ldub

Yup, we're all traveling in the ML as Lisa's is getting older and I'm serious about my offroading - Lion's Back is definitely on our schedule. I did the Hummer test track a few weeks ago and I am confident in the ML's abilities. Scott has a busy schedule so we may not even see him but it's only a hundred miles out of our way and a VX caravan is a sight to see, so count us in.

Tone: Can you stick the front turn signal lens in your luggage for the trip? I bought the other two (awesome) and I figure a spare would be nice...

MSHardeman: I sent a PM to RickfrmCO and haven't heard back. I figure he will at least meet the caravan in GJ to say "Hi" and snap some photos of Le Vix Train. Rick has an ironman with custom wheels, so it would definitely add to the texture and aesthetic appeal of the group.

"I'm Rick James, B*tch." -Dave Chapelle

Bimati

Two weeks!

Two weeks away, and anticipation is growing!

Just to recap we've got the following peeps who'll be joining the convoy:

meju
    Bimati
    MSHardeman
    pbkid
    raver_boi_88
    Tone

Anybody else? Ldub, you gonna meet us there? Any more locals wanna meet up just for lunch?

-biju.

Okay I will not be able to join y'all on the 14th because I'll be coming into Utah from the Nevada side then. BUT I will be driving through Glenwood Springs in a VX (not mine, just bought a Proton for the hunny and am going to be trekking it back to California) on the 3rd/4th of May, (Lord willin' and the crick don't rise).

I'd like to try out this Bayou which has been mentioned. Anybody willing to give an out of towner just passing through directions on how to get to the Bayou? I'll be staying at the Rodeway Inn in Glenwood Springs. Probably getting in late on the 3rd. I will probably check out the Bayou on the 4th before getting on the road.
    VX: What your Murano dreams it could be...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by biju

Anybody else? Ldub, you gonna meet us there? Any more locals wanna meet up just for lunch?

-biju.
    Gonna try...we're shooting for Grand Island NE the night of the 13th.
    Then get somewhere close the night of the 14th & roll in for lunch with y'all @ 11:00 on the 15th.
    This plan should work discounting any unscheduled "pit stops"...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    If you look to the east & see a man with a "hungry for soup" look in his eye...that be me.

Ldub

I'd like to try out this Bayou which has been mentioned. Anybody willing to give an out of towner just passing through directions on how to get to the Bayou? I'll be staying at the Rodeway Inn in Glenwood Springs. Probably getting in late on the 3rd. I will probably check out the Bayou on the 4th before getting on the road.
    Piece of cake...
    google map

Basically reverse these directions (taken from the hotel website):
    I-70 West exit 116, first light take a left on the frontage road (Highway 6) go 1 mile hotel on the right. I-70 East exit 114, stay to the left go under highway, right on frontage road (Highway 6) 1 mile east on the left.

This is to the south of the river/I70 on Grand at that same exit.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Bayou

Wyld,
    I was in Glenwood this past weekend, and the Bayou had a sign out front that said they didn't open until 4pm. I'm going to call them today to see if it was just a weekend thing, or if that's normal. I'll let you know what's going on when I find out.
    If they are open, when are you thinking of going? If you would like the company I can make the trip down to Glenwood (I work in Basalt - about 30 min away, and live in Carbondale - about 15 min away) to chow down with you.

Mark

Bad News

Wyld and the Colorado Zuvoy,

I just called the Bayou and they are only open from 4pm to 10pm daily (4pm to 12am Friday/Saturday). That kind of blows lunch for the Zuvoy and I wasn't sure when you where thinking of going Wyld, but it may be too late for you too.

Any one got any other ideas for the Zuvoy? Bimati, are there some good local restaurants in GJ that we could decend upon? The Denver contingent could still meet me at the Hot Springs in Glenwood for some pics and meet and greet, then we could head on to GJ for lunch (about an hours drive). If lunch in Glenwood is still the plan I can hunt down a couple of other places to eat.

Let me know.

Two words:

Dos Hombres.

Glenwood West exit, then backtrack on the frontage road 1/2 - 3/4 mile.

Although, I thought I had read that the meeting location/lunch would be in GJ. Not that it matters much to me as I will already be in Moab >;- )~, just trying to help out...

Gosh, thanks for the heads up, everybody. You rawk!

Maybe if we make Glenwood Springs before 10 pm on the 3rd we'll have a go at the Bayou. If not, we'll check out Dos Hombres on the way out. As far as knowing when or where we'll be we're going to be doing 760 miles tomorrow (mostly straight thru Kansas, but I imagine things might slow a bit once we hit Denver). And since the Proton I just bought has a tranny pan and oil pan leak, and some other things the Isuzu dealer here needs to look over before we can get on the road for a 1400+ mile trip, there's no ETA on when we're heading out.

But, that being said, they definitely know what a VX is. I had just pulled into the Isuzu dealer's lot when a salesman came over and asked "You want to sell that? You want to trade it in? Those things are rare, especially that color." He was very disappointed when I said I had just bought it and was driving it to California.

Zuvoy, Cozu, VX faithful...

Lets plan to keep the date/time/place for meeting up in Glenwood on Monday.

As far as eats - I'm completely cool with eating in Grand Junction as an alternative. Consensus says?..?..?..

Bimati - if we end up eating in your stomping grounds, got any good places?

-biju.

(mostly straight thru Kansas, but I imagine things might slow a bit once we hit Denver).
    If you get held up in Denver and want/need a break, drink etc.. gimmie a call, be happy to meet up with ya.

303-478-7568 (leave a msg and I will call back)