Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spazz LineX'ed his VX!

Before I lined it I removed the rack, Door handles were taped off as wellas all rubber seals, VX was already debadged(except 4WD badge which I left on purpose), the mirrors...have you seen bushwhipped mirrors before or what happens when a rock hits them??? not pretty and scras look really ugly on them.

Yes. The wind noise is HUGELY reduced inside.

The scoop is a "HOt Air Extraction Scoop" which extracts hot air from inside engine bay and pushes it to outside of VX through the hole. That is why it is facing backwards instead of forward or it would be a "Air Induction" Scoop.

Everyone I have seen or I should say who have seen the VX and commented since I did it, especially the offroaders, says "AWESOME" especially the liner on the whole thing.

Spazz, got balls dude. i woulda never even though about it.

why?

looks like azz

but just my opinion. be a good hunting truck now though

I really dig it, takes alot of guts to do that to a car. Thing should be indestructable now. Not that it wasn't before

Thumbs up Congrats...

Looks like a VX dipped in chocolate. Mmmmmm :_drool: CHOCOLATE:homer:

Spazz did it his way. More power to Ya!
    NAVIGATOR

Applied with live cats on sticks? Mo'Debly the most baddest damn the torpedoes finish I've seen on the VX yet. I'm thinkin' of dippin' these two meddlin' possums I got in Rhino and turnin em loose! (If I had a second VX.) I like it!!!
    thankyouthankyouverymuch

Thumbs up

Kudos to Spazz! i like it. i would have gone a little diffrent direction myself. (maybe 2 colors, cladding and hood insert diffrent from the "paint") but it looks a LOT more rugged! after reading the story it is a good way to save some money... and also save on those darn rock chips in the paint.

...now if only the windshield could be helped that way.. hmmmm...

question... did you have to special order the Line-x? and how did you apply it? just curious in case some others (me) would like to do something similar.
    If Life is passing you by... DOWNSHIFT!!!!!!!!

it looks like theres a coating of ice on it.
    2000 Black VX 105k

But opinions are like a-holes...
    I have been thinking about using Herculiner applied with a roller on my cladding but seeing this VX makes me seriously second guess that idea! Thanks for posting these pics as I actually logged on this morning to do a search on something like this - applying bedliner material to the cladding... besides Rhino Lining.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I know I am rehashing an old thread, but I came across this while looking for hood scoop info.

Spazz, at first, I was not into it...all I saw was the cladding had been sprayed. Thought the body looked that way coz of compression in the image. But...after going back and forth from the pics to the thread...I like it...really, really like it. I wouldnt do it to mine coz i am a hadcore yeller fan. BUT if I had your options I would definitely have done what you did and never look back. Good job man.

Not to mention you just the upped the "whoa, what is that" factor by tenfold!

Very interesting.

Thumbs up ummm...

they have Yeller..... better yet

CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT TOO

Spazz, I don't know if you have seen what I did to my VX after it's wreck, but you did inspire it to some extent. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9222

In the words of Gunnery Sgt. Hartman:

"Private Joker is silly and he's ignorant, but he's got guts, and guts is enough"

No offense SPAZZ, this quote just came to mind when I saw the pics.

So, what does it feel like? How does it wash up? (or do you not plan on washing it anymore?) Also, will it dull down to a nice flat finish? Or does it stay wet looking?

- Bart

Quote Originally Posted by SPAZZ
    well you get what you pay for and if I paid someone to do the job I'd be out $1400 or more.

Plus I didn't paint my VX(if I did I'd be out thousands) as some think I bedlined it. and I didn't want the smooth thin shiny stuff either, no sir, I used the high build thick durable stuff. Pluss it only cost $200 to do the whole VX.

Some kids ran into the side of the VX going 65MPH down the freeway and the insurance check for the body work went to make up past due amount on the VX and bring it current with enough to get the liner and do it myself. With my financial situation priorities were in order for me to take the money and run and fix the body damage, paint, cosmetics myself. Also preventing the VX from being repoed which would not be fun because I'm on a zero interest loan
    and only 7 payments left.
    Oh and I didn't line the door handles either which someone mentioned. Plus, I don't have to worry about the paint, nor do I cry like most of you when those jerks slam their car doors into your VX's either