Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spazz LineX'ed his VX!

Spazz LineX'ed his VX!

click on my name on the post and pick gallery from the menu.

Spazz wants to know what you guys think!

can i plead the 5th?

Hmmm, very interesting. Looks as if it was more like coated with something rather than painted. I like it. I think it looks like the Glock version of the VX. Looks VERY durable. Tell me what you did and how much it cost and what you like about it and what you don't. Though, definitely a one of a kind with your signature on it.

I kinda like it, but I think it would look better if some of the trim was not painted: not necessarily the cladding, but door handles, the roof rack trim, spoiler, hood insert, etc...

Just some details around the car that would make it look like it handn't just been dipped in the stuff. I think its on the right track, but just needs some attention to detail.

Thumbs up Looks Good

What a gutsy move? I've considered doing the cladding, after a few scratches/ fender benders, no two pieces of cladding are the same color (and it bugs the hell out of me).

Is this the standard color for Line-X or is there one which is closer to the original color of cladding? From the picture the texture looks a bit uneven. I know function is more important than style, but it looks a bit lumpy on the front end and the side.

Line-X Eh?

I'm gonna say I like it. It's clean and menacing (seems to fit SPAZZ's personality). If I were Joe Blow on the street when Darth Spazzer drove by, I would definitely say, "I gotta' have one of those."

I like it! Looks bad azz and rugged and ready to tackle anything

Why isn't SPAZZ posting his own mods though
    Live Free or DIE!

I'll keep it short and simple because it's not my truck, to each his own, if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say anything, etc. Bottom line is I'd be really upset about the quality of the work. I've seen it done much better, like on zadam123's VX...

well you get what you pay for and if I paid someone to do the job I'd be out $1400 or more.

Plus I didn't paint my VX(if I did I'd be out thousands) as some think I bedlined it. and I didn't want the smooth thin shiny stuff either, no sir, I used the high build thick durable stuff. Pluss it only cost $200 to do the whole VX.

Some kids ran into the side of the VX going 65MPH down the freeway and the insurance check for the body work went to make up past due amount on the VX and bring it current with enough to get the liner and do it myself. With my financial situation priorities were in order for me to take the money and run and fix the body damage, paint, cosmetics myself. Also preventing the VX from being repoed which would not be fun because I'm on a zero interest loan
    and only 7 payments left.
    Oh and I didn't line the door handles either which someone mentioned. Plus, I don't have to worry about the paint, nor do I cry like most of you when those jerks slam their car doors into your VX's either

Cool

[QUOTE=SPAZZ]well you get what you pay for and if I paid someone to do the job I'd be out $1400 or more.

Plus I didn't paint my VX(if I did I'd be out thousands) as some think I bedlined it. and I didn't want the smooth thin shiny stuff either, no sir, I used the high build thick durable stuff. Pluss it only cost $200 to do the whole VX.

That is the ticket! Master of your fate and willing to give the new "edge" a feel. I think it looks good. Especially now that I understand the situation and your environment. As the years go by for my Dragon...the day may come when I must do the same thing too. Thanks for the idea and the actual.

Linx'd Vx

Spazz - I've got to hand it to you, that is one "stealthy" looking VX; absolutely one of a kind!

I like it - and to each there own.

Would I do it - HELL NO!!

But I've only had my VX for about 2 weeks - I'm one of those that you would refer to as going "EEK" in the parking lot. However, if you should see the Rodeo I've had for 10 years now ... ... that's a whole 'nother story and one of the reasons that I stand up for those willing to be "one of a kind"!!

PS - you're in Boise?? Hell that's damn near the neighborhood ... give a shout when you're going to be in the neighborhood! I'd love to see your rig - particularly what tires you're running and what that hood scoop is all about.

Best,

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    I'd prefer the thinner stuff, more of a wrinkle coat rather than a lumpy coat. However, this stuff looks like it'll definately survive a 65mph encounter with the next carload of kids that come along.
    I'd have liked to see the badges, mirrors, rack removed before the spray, but, all of that prep work would add up. It'd cost way more than $200 to do it my way.

It makes the wheels look out of place. You need to ditch the bling and get some mean black wheels to match the rest of the truck.

I dig the tires though -I'm waiting on Sam's to get my size in. I hope that they self clean as well as they look like they might.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Wow, Spazz - definitely a mean looking truck. I'd be very afraid if that thing pulle dup next to me.

So a question for you - just because I'm curious. With that stuff applied, was there a noticeable difference in the wind noise while driving highway speeds? My guess is yes, of course, but maybe not. I could imagine that the coating would actually provide some sound insulation, too. I'm also curious if the added drag affects your fuel economy, but that's harded to pin down.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie
    click on my name on the post and pick gallery from the menu.

Spazz wants to know what you guys think!
    Well, since he asked, it's all in the open now. I think it's horrible!

But, if it keeps him happy, then it doesnt matter what I think. Although, resell is gonna be hell now, heh.

How much weight does all that mud add to it?
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Looks really good. I did the same thing to my Jeep.
    '99 Vehicross - Daily Driver
    '93 Wrangler - Tank in Progress