Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can We Do This ?

Originally posted by Tone
    Can you explain how you are going to fit a 5” screen fit in a single din space?
    There are lots of single-DIN 5" LCD screens. The Pyle 5.6" unit that's all over ebay for $200 is one I'm considering.

The bottom slot is partially blocked by the shift lever so a popout screen is going to be difficult to see and use, especially when backing up.
    I agree, it's definitely going to have to be tested before I'd advocate others planning on using that spot for a screen.

I agree about doing it right but YOU seem concerned about saving money.
    Yeah, me, and just about everyone else around here I know that personally I'd rather not spend $1,000-2,000 on this system, and if it can be done for $300, and still look and work well, that's a viable option. If I had unlimited funds, I'd put a MB SLK on the ML320 running gear (which I've seen on the net) but I don't have a mil to burn so I bought a VX

I already have a pop out 7” screen that is perfect and disappears when parked.
    And you spent what?

The camera you have power bought is quite large if it is the same as Ricks and only a few infrared LEDs will be able to “see” through the slim opening in the cover - Rick cut a hole so the whole camera can see outside.
    Well, the camera is 1.93" diameter I believe, and the pop-out plug is like 1.25 x 3", so we can either mount it inside and not use all of the IR LED's, or cut the half-moon a bit and sort of surface mount it. I guess we'll see when it gets here, it's not going to be the sort of thing you remove often (if ever) so a permanent mounting shouldn't be an issue.

Randy, please fill out the rest of your profile so we’ll know more about you.
    What more would you like to know? I thought it was fairly complete.

I am getting tired of all this bickering back and forth about who spent what, who's is better than who. The only thing that matters is what YOU like in YOUR truck. We have a unique vehicle and I have seen some very unique mods. Some don't meet my personal tastes, but I respect the fact that someone put a lot of thought, time and money into it.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

I've gotten at least TWENTY emails asking similar questions about what monitor I like, what I'm going to install, why, what other options, etc. I think the forum is the PERFECT place to discuss this. I don't take anything personally, I don't see how any of this is a personal attack, I've certainly never meant to direct anything in that direction. I know that I wish there were discussions like this already that I could lend from, but I can't find any. So I do my own research, post my findings, and hope others post replies so I have other options and opinions to weigh.

I've got some midget friends who work cheap....
    That's odd....

I have some cheap friends that work like midgets!

....sT
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Talking

What would be REALLY cool is if we could get someone to fab a mirror image of the JDM dash in CF. Then you'd have a shaded in-dash location for a LCD and a wicked looking interior. Just like the JDM VX but in LHD. Wish wish wish...
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

They're not midgets, they're little people

Talking Midgets or little people?

Ok, ok, ok, we might as well start Dwarf tossing....

Small 2” screens such as for the cubby and rear view mirror are aweful small for the type of image you need when backing up.
    My rear view mirror monitor is 5" ...
    2001 Kaiser "The Silver Shadow" VX #841

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by edyavno
    My rear view mirror monitor is 5" ...
    And that's 2" shorter than some. Others can get 10" and folds too! This thread is starting to sound like one of those spam ads.

Guy I have to support Randy, This forum is used for mod and so so forth,we have to discuss what some people like or dont like . There is nothing personal and if you dont like it just let go and dont read it(the thread).

The VX is a futuristic car with a fun to drive personality, but, we know from the begining the dash is old style and doesnt befit such an interesting and beautiful vehicle. So we as VXers, if there are among us experts who can fix such a problem or some of us can just contribute ideas for discussion, let it be. We can make the car more beautiful, interesting and fun. Some people moded their mufflers, some added super chargers etc and some want a better dash

James

Well, I have a snake.... one time, I gave him some beer. He was slithering this way and that. He was all f00ked up!

This is actually starting to sound like a "my johnson is bigger than yours" thread. Let's just save it for the after mod pics. Then we can ramble about who has what. Would be lovely to find a way to mount my 48" widescreen hd in there.

On a more constructive note, has anyone successfully installed a game console in their VX? I have a spare XBox I won through a work raffle and thought it might be kinda cool to install it when I get my LCD. Just curious if this is something that is trivial or if kits are made available for this. Things that make you go hmmm....
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Did some call me? I thought I heard "big johnson" ... Hahaha!

So what's the final recommendation? What's the best route to spice up our dash. I am not sure I can spend the thousands possible. Like Randy, I do want to do it right, but at a good cost.

I must say that I am seeing more and more threads going down this odd route. Let's open our arms to ALL new memebers to the board and embrace their new ideas.

But also

Let us not diss or forget some of the older memebers (Tone, Anita, Nav, Swordy, etc) who have been here and always available to all of us. Not just with mod suggestions or "what's cooler" but help when we have engine, warranty or dealer problems. I am sure everyone of us has been helped at one time of another by one of those I mentioned or others. I know I have.

Ok who wants some beer!?!

Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX
    Ok who wants some beer!?!
    I'll have one...Here's to all VX owners...May your next mod be your best!

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX
    Did some call me? I thought I heard "big johnson" ... Hahaha!

Let us not diss or forget some of the older memebers (Tone, Anita, Nav, Swordy, etc) who have been here and always available to all of us. Ok who wants some beer!?!
    OMG Chet!!! What's this about a Johnson?

... and WHO are you calling older?

Ill have a beer as well.. or perhaps the older members can buy me a few in Moab. :yesr:
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Originally posted by Anita
    OMG Chet!!! What's this about a Johnson?

... and WHO are you calling older?

Ill have a beer as well.. or perhaps the older members can buy me a few in Moab. :yesr:
    How's about the NEWER members buying us OLDER members beers in Moab?
    Scott / moncha.com