Recall my previous post........http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=6292
about rebuilding the OE shocks. I had Bruces Suspensions rebuild both of my front shocks after they failed, and he did an excellent job, back to factory performance for right around $300 for the 2 shocks, shipping included. Anyway, one of the shocks he rebuilt lost its nitrogen charge again, it was the older of the 2. Bruce's believes he has figured out why they fail, especially the fronts. There is a metal cap press fit onto the top of the resevoirs, what happens is, since they arent sealed, is water gets in under it, and begins to corode the main cap that seels in the oil and nitrogen, and my older orignal shock had corossion all around the main cap. The cap is held in by a snap ring. SO Bruce machined and new cap , with a slighly larger radius and thicker gauge, and replace the o-ring seals around it, cleaned the reseviour cylinder, and charged it back up. So far so go. Give Bruce a shout if you like the stock ride and want your shocks rebuild, hes a great guy to work with, and think has these shocks pretty much figured out!