Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car Shopping

Car Shopping

Been checking out the new cars and I've found out they are starting to look more and more the same. I think rather than buying something else I will sell my 99 Ironman and upgrade to a 2001 low milage Ebony VX.
    I still get the looks when I drive by people, a lot more than most of the so called new cars are getting.
    Man we got the car when not stay with this breed.

Talking

I've got an exceptional '01 Dragon up for grabs, under 39K miles and factory warranty remaining.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I am in the same boat. Been window shopping for about 6 months now and am finding that everything is the SAME. I am a big fan of the WRX for it's decent fuel economy and performance, but damn do I hate the new body style. Going shopping this weekend to see if I can find a previous year since I like the older body style better. I might even look into the STi since my funds totally allow mr to spend a bit more.

Were I not able to maintain 2 vehicles, I would consider selling my '01 Ebony, but I am in a position where I can hold onto her. The day I get the second car, the VX is going in the garage where she will await transfer to the shop where she can get overhauled. The blower is itching to get installed as well as a few other little treats.

Good luck with your search.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I too have the itch, have for some time. Was feelin' German,but a S2000 would make for a great track day partner. Leaning that way strongly.You have to spend 100g more to get a better handling machine. Someone talk me out of it....Transio? You've been sporting one for some time now. Shove me over the edge.

I doubt he'll recommend an S2000, he's rockin an Elise. Grab one!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Although it sounds like it might be in the wrong vein from this thread (you're only discussing serious sports cars), the wife and I have been ecstatic with the Audi A3 we picked up late last year. It's really good looking, a hoot to drive, and has a phenomenal interior. It zips through and around highway traffic better than my Prelude SH did (and that's saying something!). Just my 2 cents...

Before the Elise, a S2000 was parked in its place for quite a while, I think. The Audi is certainly a fine car, but it would never do for what I want... anyone shopping for a commuter, in that price realm, could do worse for sure. Check the Legacy GT Spec B ...for sure do not miss the new GTI. Two more get to work machines that define fun to drive.Got a GTI in the shop now- pretty special car.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    I always heard that the S2000 had handling problems. I never saw many at the track or autocrosses either. I've never driven one, so I dunno.
    I wish that I were a foot shorter. My winter project would be a supercharged Miata.

I've been eyeballing a Cosmos Black '98 M3 coupe lately. It deserves some turbo-charged lovin'.

Still keeping the remaining VX though. I've driven it in some sketchy areas, and I never once got the feeling that it would strand me.

Yep, think the big day will be this Saturday. Got a good lump of $$ I can play with so I am ready to roll. May have to end up ordering an STI since few dealers even carry them on the lot around here. There is one on the floor at a dealer here but I dont want that color. Too many blues out there. Thinking maybe white or the charcoal grey.

Gonna start hunting for a dealer who will install the S/C in the VX too. Blow the dust off of that box and get this damned thing done finally.

Ah, and trailers.... need to find something that will work well with the VX and can drag a waverunner on its back.

Yes my friends, it is time to spend money. So nice being single and out of debt.... only to get yourself back into debt without a woman hollaring down your back.

Yes, buy those toys now -because when a wife comes along, there'll be no more.

Go for the Grystal Gray Metallic (If that's what they are still calling it) STI. Definately stay away from Me Too Blue.

Bah, the STI is hot, but Im not feeling the pig nose on the new models. Good choice though.

Been calling dealers to see if they would search their database to see if they could find a NEVER sold '05 cause I dont care so much for the newer front end either, but they arent finding anything. Doesnt surprise me really. I could go used as there are quite a few '05 STi's around that have low mileage, but I have the money available to go ahead and drop 50% down on something new, the scales tip in that favor. I checked on a local place here in Kensington that has 5 STi's on the lot so I think I am gonna drop by tomorrow and check them out.

Oh, check this out. Talked with my insurance company this week about the possible purchase of one and insurance cost. WOW! Let's just say my agent said I may as well be getting a Vette. For a 4banger on roids, the little bugger is considered a weapon, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach
    Yes, buy those toys now -because when a wife comes along, there'll be no more.
    No offense to anyone but.....screw that!

Reason number 5,601 why I'm never getting married. Unless of course I can find a nice woman who will actually let me live my life instead of dictating it!

You only get one shot while you're here folks. Do what YOU want within reason and have fun doing it!

You don't want to to be 80 years wondering what you shoulda, coulda woulda done

So, if you have a nice new car in mind that you want to buy and it's in your budget....GO GET IT!!!

Sorry for the rant.
    Live Free or DIE!

I guess that I wasn't being truly fair -if it weren't for my wife, I'd be eating Ramen in a 6 car garage. She keeps my/our priorities straight.

If I were looking back into the Subaru line, I'd go for a Forrester XT or a Legacy GT. Build it up like an STI for a lot less insurance -plus you'd have the cool sleeper effect.
    Just a thought in case you can't stomach the new look of the Impreza.

Worm check this... Much nicer that the boy racer STI looks. I think.
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/04/...-show-same-go/