Hi everyone, I am an excited and proud new VX owner and a new VehiCROSS.info member. I have a few questions/concerns, and I would like to ask everyone for some answers/feedback. Thanks to anyone who has the time to answer:

1) I just bought the truck, it is a 2001, Ebony Black VX with only 25,000 miles. Aside from general maintenance (oil change, break check, etc.), are there any other things you would recommend I do right away?

2) The truck has the stock radio/tape deck and the 6 CD changer. I have an awesome JVC KD-DV5100 MP3 DVD head unit that I pulled from my old car. Is there anything I should know about installing it as a replacement for the radio/tape deck? I really have no use for a CD changer since I listen to MP3 DVDs usually, but it would be sweet if my JVC head unit could control the CD changer. I doubt this will work, so I guess I am wondering about DIN installation pockets and if there are any options for the CD changer (like a storage slot or something if I remove it) Any feedback here would be appreciated.

3) One of the few noticeable problems with the truck when I bought it, was the dome light. It does not work. My guess is it’s just a bulb. Anything I should know before I attempt to change it out? Another thread talked about an electrical problem and another about a fuse problem. Should I be concerned that this might be a more significant problem?

4) Also, the left fog lamp is out, I would imagine this is an easy bulb swap too. Anything I should know?

5) I am going to buy new tires and rims very soon. I want all black rims and AT tires as big as I can go without rubbing. Any suggestions here would be great.

6) What type of gas is best for the VX? Premium or just regular?

Sorry for all these noob questions. I would appreciate any answers at all. I really want to baby my new VX!

Thanks in advance!

Bart