Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on Toyota FJ Cruiser ?

I have never seen the Toyota JF Cruiser so I went to Toyota.com and did the 360 view of the cruiser. Looks to square. Like the Element. It would look better if streamlined like the VX.

Hideous

I saw a buttload of them at this year's EJS as well and was frankly replused by the looks of that colorful turd. I saw a pretty girl driving one in SLC - she must of just pulled it off the lot because she almost killed it by popping the clutch! She looked like a head banger as she tried to get through the intersection but... she had a smile on her face! Any time I see one though I make sure to look away so that the driver doesn't think I am impressed by it because I truly think it is the ugliest SUV produced over the last several years. I try to have a humble opinion but I drive a VX, so it's hard!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    This ones pretty cool!
    Looks funky ! I still love VX better but I can not get a new Proton anymore
    Andrey

Looks like a mini cooper with a lift kit! Or a bastard child from a AMC eagle and mini - cooper love session

I think it's a poorman's Hummer (I include myself into this category) ... no seriously in size this thing should be close to H2 or H3 right ? just with better milage...

Built up properly the thing looks like it can hold own or better off road, I'm still a big fan of the old school FJ though. The new ones are just to bubbly looking. IMHO I would take a VX over it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey
    no seriously in size this thing should be close to H2 or H3 right ?
    The original Toyota FJ series was about the size of an old CJ Jeep.

Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Loved the old FJs. The new one isn't awful, but the proportions are out of whack.
    Steve

im still on the fence, sometimes i look at it and love it, sometimes i hate it.. i see a blue one (but it looks like a darker blue than everyone it talking about) every day.. looks like itd be lots of fun on the trails... the driver usually looks frustrated in the city though... a month or two ago motor trend had a pretty good comparison with the FJ, H3, Xterra and Liberty.. might be worth checkin out.. of if you cant find it i can probably scan it in and email to you... might be worth lookin at the xterra.. i think the article said it was very similar to the FJ

Never really saw the attraction of it, but I do know people who are in love with them and I haven't had the heart to say I don't care for it. Having seen several on the road now, I think it has grown on me a little bit, but I still don't think the styling is anything to write home about.

Now an interior you could wash out would be cool. Honda Elements have it. I would never wash it though (think about it). It would just be alot easier to clean and vacuum than carpet.

Fj

I test drove one, I like it. Toyota will only produce 30,000 of them per year so they are somewhat limited. Didn't like the limited driveline options (1 of 3 choices) I was hoping for 6 speed manuad option with rear diff lockout and cluth start options. you cant get that combo. I also found one under list price(barely, and only because they were going to give me $500 off for being a firefighter) It was loaded. They offered me $10,000 in trade for my VX. Still thinking about it!
    :_drool: It's all fun and games until it can't be fixed!

well, i saw one, my first, yesterday, and wondered what it was, then saw the toyota on the grill. figured it out. i too, could not look real close,(didnt want driver to think i was checkin it out, but did out of the corner of my eye, with shades on...) I HATED IT. have any of you seen the kit for jeeps fenders where it looks like 2x 8s bolted to the side panels, becoming your fenders, (maybe some kinda jeep/hummer thing)??? the toyota made me think of that. i thought it was awful, and yeah it is a toyota, and propably does good off road, but its one ugly mudder trucker........just my opinion.
    but again, the vx, imo, is still so ahead of its time, and the toyota is right here in 2006, the vx is still a statement in distinctive looks, not just another copy.
    ive said enough.....have other post to make.....
    david

Makes me want to jab a fork in my eye every time I see one.

It's the ugliest "retro" I've ever seen, and I'm tempted to take one for a test drive and slam it into a wall just so there would be one less in existence. I must go...I think I'm going to be sick.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Seeing as this limited-production long-anticipcated vehicle hit dealer lots all of three weeks ago, you can expect to wait until the fall to actually get a below-sticker deal on one.

Wow, such vehement distaste expressed for the FJ! As if not condemning it would somehow be an insult to your VX...

Quote Originally Posted by climbcovey
    They offered me $10,000 in trade for my VX. Still thinking about it!
    Yeah, that's why they're giving you under list.... cause they can sell your Proton ALL DAY for $15k. Sell it outright and see if they'll still honor their offer.