Originally posted by Andrey
Randy, thanks for your reply !

I guess you are right about added "stress" for components but I am not sure how "bad" it is. There might be some "nominal" stress added with aftermarket tires/wheels. I am planning to keep my 16" wheels and just want a car-like, soft and quite tire as I do not do any offroad stuff. Another thought that I had was the gas milage. Technically speaking the wider tire will give you more resistance. Will that cause worse gas milage ?
For on-road use... I am VERY happy with the Proxes... they are quite and ride very nice. If I wasn't gonna go off-road, I would stick with what I have... but I don't plan to stay on road ALL the time... actually... everytime I have ever had a 4x4, I would go off-road every weekend... cheap entertainment IMO.. except when it costs you a tire or four! lol As for added gas mileage... I doubt you will find a noticalble difference in gas mileage going up a size or two... yeah, there is added rolling resistance with width and weight, but nothing that I think you'll see.

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!