Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update on Morgan-tec S/C kit development

Very nice ! Do you expect significant increase in fuel consumption ? Interesting if in the future it will be possible to have a model with "on demand" feature - like A/C compressor - it just sits there and waits for you to push that A/C button
    Andrey

Thats the way all superchargers are. no boost at cruise, instant boost at WOT. The clutched in SC you saw on Mad Max is a falicy.

John C.

Talking :d

I can't stop drueling! Can't wait to see the dyno results. Put me down for one when you have a production model ready!! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsauce
    Thats the way all superchargers are. no boost at cruise, instant boost at WOT. The clutched in SC you saw on Mad Max is a falicy.

John C.
    Not entirely true. Mercedes uses a clutch on the front of their superchargers, for the sake of fuel economy.

Some brief info at:
    http://www.sae.org/automag/techbrief...001/techb3.htm

-Tad

Hope MTdoesn't mind, discovered this by accident
    http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...t=100_1180.flv

No worries man i was just about to post that video here. The motor is still running off the intake so it looks a little wierd but it served the purpose i was wanting. Belt is stable all the way to red line. Here it is again
    :

Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

I rerouted the belt and added another idler pulley to control belt flap, here is the video:

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    You have an interesting opportunity before you.

Take the Ax to a dyno now -run it with and without the SC belt attached. I'm wondering how much horsepower is lost just spinning that belt.

I am planning a dyno day that i will be doing a bunch of runs:

1. Stock airbox with just my exhaust
    2. Morgan-tec intake and exhaust
    3. Morgan-tec intake and exhaust with S/C belt on
    4. Supercharger kit on and morgan-tec exhaust

I will get electronic files of all of them so i can show ya'll, thanls for the suggestion

well i am getting closer, here are some pics of the final tube fitup, all i need to do is weld them up and get the right pulley on the blower and i should be makin power.

The space available pretty much forces you to find an air induction alternative. What ideas do you have for that?

Looking great.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

powerdyne BD-11A on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...spagenameZWDVW

If I wasn't buying a house.....
    2000 Black VX 105k

I can't wait to see how this project turns out. Do you have a better estimation now of when these kits might be for sale?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Well i got it all done and am starting the testing phase, please excuse the too wide pulley and the rag under the intake tube. I am very pleased with the results. I am still dialing in the the correct pulley size, for now i am running a 3.33" that gives me 5psi here at my elevation. I was suprised that the power comes on so quick, you dont really see boost untill about 4k rpm but even from idle to 4k it is a noticable amount stronger. And once you hit boost it really takes off. It is pretty quiet, you do hear it a little at idle and it gets a little louder at boost but nothing crazy like a procharger but louder than the alpine. The blow off valve setup works perfectly, blowing the second you let off the gas. I am planning a dyno day to get a bunch of data and i plan on road testing it for at least a few months of heavy abuse. Here are a bunch of pics, let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod
    The space available pretty much forces you to find an air induction alternative. What ideas do you have for that?

Looking great.
    I had to switch to a Greddy style air filter, this one is a cheap knock off but i was just going for clearance at this point in time. I will be upgrading to a real Greddy soon since i know it fits.