Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Houston Summer Meet

George,

Are you far from the Galleria? we're thinking about getting a hotel there.

Not all that far Julian. It's about 15 miles inbound on I-10 then a couple miles on 610 Loop South. We can even plan eating close to Galleria- all kinds of good eatin' holes thata way. If you want to take a look at the distance on Mapquest plug in my address (22618 Braken Carter-Katy) then 5085 Westheimer Rd (Houston)
    ________
    Ticketmaster Gift Cards
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:28 PM

....as a casual reminder. The weather looks to be good so remember to bring something to splash around in. The cement pond temp is in the 80's.
    ________
    Motorcycle Tires

Tone & I were duscussing the evening's entertainment. I have not seen this exhibit yet but I've been told it as unreal as things get:
    http://www.houstonbodyworlds3.com

or we can simply drive each other into the walls:
    http://www.smsonline.com/

in either case after an afternoon in the Houston summer heat (even after pool indulgance) we'll be ready for indoor air conditioned festivities.

I'm open to opinions and other options........................
    ________
    Vaporite solo digital review

George,

We're leaving Austin around 10 this morning so should get to your house around noon-ish.

See ya!

It was great seeing everyone and hanging out. Big thanks to George and his amazing wife for having us all over and being great hosts. The Body Works thing was very interesting and intense especially that dude passing out. But I think we all agree that the cowhorse was the highlight of the show (Lisa) and yes some people's might hit their knees, but I hope no kids were around listening too closely. Tone interesting liner on the Benz definitely one of a kind and I bet you installed that GPS in shorts or maybe it was just stock anyways I hope you found S Rice alright, Julian awesome meeting you and your wife (I think I saw a ring) awesome off roading rig hope you found your way back safely and you probably are hard at work figuring out the A/C thing, Larry always a pleasure and I am glad you got your dual HID's working, Daniel I am glad you are bak in the group for real with your foxfire and man you did get a great deal you did way better than me but maybe I can do good getting your tires off your hands and I hope your son had fun hanging with the VXers but not too much fun he is still a kid. Alright well hope to see everyone very soon again.
    In Christ,
    Ryan

Gang,

Likewise, it was a real pleasure to hang out with you guys again. Sorry I needed to leave early, but the guy that bought my H3 sent the transportation company earlier than expected! George and wife were terrific hosts, the food and drinks were great! (Daniel jr. is still eating all the M&M's he brought home..). Love your pool!
    It was great to see the "old" guys (George, Tone, Larry, Jay) and the new ones (Ryan and Julian). Also it was nice to see/meet the "significant others" (Daniel jr. told me he was telling on someone...I hope you did not get in trouble )
    Larry: great job on those HID lights...I might do it next! (I will need all the help I can get!)
    Julian: don't forget to send the name and number of the sunroof installers in Austin...I need to schedule an appointment.
    Tone: I'm already looking for a headunit! Please also save one of the rear door poppers for me...
    Ryan: sent you a p.m. regarding the tires....Don't worry, I'm keeping this one. Daniel Jr. was there because he knows this will be his college car!
    Jay: man, I did not know you were an expert dissecting a VX! Great work on George speakers! Who is teaching who (Tone or Jay?)
    George: Thanks for everything. Your explanation of the "change" was very explicit and detailed. Say hi to Julia for me...(it?)..Hope you are not considering that "mod"!!!!

I posted some pics of the gathering in my gallery...please let me know if you find any of the pictures to be offensive (bold head, gray hair, wrinkles, love handles, etc.) so I can proceed to delete them...

See you soon!
    Last edited by VXD959 : 07/17/2006 at 06:07 AM
    Daniel

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Ditto to all that, George and Carry are always the best of hostess! I should have brought my VX, but hate driving in Houston! Daniel, congrats on the great deal on a pristine VX, and Daniel Jr did not tell on me, everyone knows me by now. Ryan, I swear I gave TimG a piggyback ride years ago and you are lighter, I am so disappointed.....glad you were able to hang with us the rest of the evening.....Julian and Rhonda, so sorry about the AC, but great seeing you both again! The body world thing was way cool, better a cowhorse than a heshe.....I am donating my body to that organization for sure!!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.