Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Chicago? Need a little help...

Anyone in Chicago? Need a little help...

I need a little help from Chicago area Vxers... There is a VX for sale that I would tremendously appreciate if someone could check it out (exterior, interior condition). The owner says he is 10 minutes west from the airport. Could someone help me with this?

Please send me a private message if you could. I will really, really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Daniel

Please?

Hey Dan, is this the Silver 99 at Carmart USA in Villa Park?

Bart

No, it's a private seller in Bensenville. I don't know about Chicago...It's that a long way for you? He says is near O'Hare airport.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Well, yeah, sort of. I don't usually go out that way due to the heavy amount of traffic in that area. Its kind of a pain in the butt area. However, I *might* be going to a store in Arlington Heights tomorrow afternoon, which is basically nearby. Can you get me his address? I can see how far it is. If it isn't to terribly far, I would consider stopping over there. Or, better yet, if he is a nice guy, he could meet me at the store and I could check it out there. I think the place where I *might* be going tommorrow is nearby. But no promises. I don't really know what my schedule is going to be like tomorrow. This must be a nice VX if you are looking all the way from Texas!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by VXD959
    No, it's a private seller in Bensenville. I don't know about Chicago...It's that a long way for you? He says is near O'Hare airport.

Thanks,
    Daniel

bensenville?? at least half my extended family is from there.. and according to them the know the whole town.. do you have a name? i could see if anyone up there knows the seller

nfpgasmask,

Sent you a private mail with the information. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot for this!!!

Not too far from me...

If you still need the help, I'll be able to check this VX out for you on Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Thank you NocturnalVX. Npfgasmask said that he might be able to meet the seller today (he was not sure, but he will let me know this evening). If he is unable to meet with the seller today, I will for sure need your help.

Thanks!!!!

PS: VX owners are the greatest !

Hey, I called Cesar and we couldn't make it work out today. He was busy during the time when I was out there...so sorry.

I will call tomorrow and see if he can meet me on my lunch break. I will let you know tomorrow if I get out there...sorry I couldn't make it happen today.

Bart

Thumbs up call me if you are going to see the VX Bart

I'm sending you a PM with my #... call me if you are heading out to Bensenville. I'll join up!

Ok. Please let me know. I will contact the owner directly if you want me to.
    He seems to be busy most of the time I called (almost like he does not really want to sell the vehicle...but that's Ok... we VX owners know the feeling...). I asked him for pics, and he said he had no time for that!?

My wife will be in Chicago next week. That's why I will appreciate any information you can get this week. I just want to make sure the seller is not BSing me

Thank you both for your efforts.

Yeah, when I talked to him, he seemed a little "bothered" by my request. I told him I was going to be around there around 5-6 o'clock and he told me he was busy.....so go figure. I will call him again in a few minutes.

Bart

OK, so I called this dude Cesar a couple times this morning...no luck, straight to voice-mail everytime. His voice-mail greeting simply says, "leave the message".

I think this sums up his personality so far! LOL

Bart

Bart / Nocturnal VX,

Talked to Cesar this evening. He said he will call you (Bart) tonight. He said he has been very busy at work, and that the best time for him to show the vehicle is late in the evenings. He will try to leave work early tomorrow though. He mentioned that he works at or near downtown.

Sorry for all the trouble. I agree with you about his "personality"...eventhough he was a little nicer today.

I just hope it is all worth it.

Thanks,
    Last edited by VXD959 : 06/05/2006 at 08:11 PM