Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '01 Proton Abandoned

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Pull the VIN and we could do a CarFax on it.

If something is hokey, it'll show up -as will a transfer of ownership/registration.

hi, all. if the dealer has a '99, it's most likely they would like to sell that model, prior to the coveted Proton. add to that the fact that they are getting paid storage on it, the dealer is probably enticed to keep it longer. i may be wrong, but the longer a dealer has a car sitting out on its lot, the more $$ they gain to lose. so the Proton seems to be making $$ for 'em.

-just my probably misinformed $.02

-jose
    2001 kaiser silver #1002

Question

So whatever happened with this Proton? Still generating a $35/day storage bill?

Yeah!, after reading this thread, I'm curious

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Modtodd82
    Yeah!, after reading this thread, I'm curious
    Me too...

just called them (303) 404-6500 and he said they are trying to buy it from Isuzu (not yet). It has 70K on odometer which is too much for my taste.

Somebody selling Proton ?
    Last edited by Andrey : 07/25/2006 at 09:11 AM
    Andrey

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

?

I believe this little puppy will once again find an owner...

I see Denver Isuzu Suzuki is now selling it for just under 15k.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    I remember that one when I was looking at 5 VXs across the denver area. The manager was a complete jerk though because I wanted to go see it as well and he wouldn't let. It looked like a 'piece' though. Good to know it is on the market to be sold. I was quite sad seeing it sit back there in the corner all alone.
    *VX CHIC*

Anyone has any idea on the condition of this VX? My ex GF is looking to get a new car and loves the proton VX. We would fly in and get it if we knew the condition...

Quote Originally Posted by VCAMILO
    Anyone has any idea on the condition of this VX? My ex GF is looking to get a new car and loves the proton VX. We would fly in and get it if we knew the condition...
    I still see it on their web site under used cars. I didn't see it on the lot driving by there yesterday though...

If you want, I can stop by this weekend to see if it's still there and check things out....

-biju.

gotta luv this club..most everyone (99.5%) are looking out for one another and going the extra mile,,,,

gives a new meaning to "go farther" izuzu

did that proton ever get sold... may take a look next time I am in denver

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach
    Isuzu (if that is in fact the leinholder -which I doubt) only has one option if someone doesn't pick it up.

They'll be forced to drop it at an auction, for whatever they can get. I suppose they'll try to go after the original purchaser for the difference afterwards.
    By abandoning the vehicle, he's lost all right to demand a fair price. The leinholder could sell it for a dollar if they wanted to. It's still his responsibility to pay for it.
    Laws may vary a bit from state to state, but you've summed it up correctly. When someone stops making payments on a vehicle, normally it goes into repossession. When someone drops a vehicle off for service and fails to pay for that service, the mechanic can put an additional lien on the vehicle, and charge storage until the account is paid in full and the vehicle is picked up. If this vehicle falls into both categories, it will make for a sticky situation for both the financer and the dealership, who both want to collect their money.

Normally what happens, as you mentioned, is the car gets put up for auction, the finance company takes the sale price, and deducts it from what the ex-owner owes. Because the dealership/mechanic is the secondary lien holder, they'll probably never see a dime, which is why they don't want to release the vehicle to the financing company to be auctioned off. Right now they still have some grounds on which to negotiate (they have possession of the vehicle).

Once the vehicle does finally get auctioned off (which may be the only legal way to sell the vehicle at this point), the ex-owner will still owe the balance of the loan as well as the charges for service and storage. Most of the time an ex-owner in this situation will never pay the fees and they'll go down as negative events on his/her credit report.

So to make a long story short, if someone really wants this vehicle, it would behoove them to find out who is ultimately in charge of handling these types of issues for the dealership. Give them your name/phone number/email and keep checking back every so often. If you are patient (and the VX is still in their possession), I'm sure they'll be happy to let you know who will be auctioning it off when the time comes, but right now it sounds like nobody you've talked to really knows what the heck is going on. It's all about finding the guy who will ultimately be responsible for cleaning up the mess.
    Last edited by kpaske : 11/30/2006 at 09:11 AM
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I stopped by there the other day and didn't see it anywhere on the lot...

-biju.

I guess I got really lucky...

...when my Xterra broke down in MO last may, the Nissan Dealership in Rolla kept my truck there for about 45 days, and they didn't charge me one red cent for storage. I think they felt bad for me....

Whew.

Bart

wow theres a lot of colorado owners on here!