Thread: Florida/South Florida People...

Florida/South Florida People...

I've been down here for a couple weeks now and my bum is getting a little tired of being roasted everytime it gets into the car. I guess it gets kind of hot down here in the sun, who would've thought...anyway, I'd like to get my windows tinted to keep some of that sun out/hopefully cool the interior a little bit. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to go down here? Any quality Florida chain stores or anything? I live in Hallandale Beach but work at Dolphin Stadium (Pro Player/Dolphins). I don't mind driving to make sure I get a good job done.

Also, both my windows are less than operational without help from my hands, so if I go ahead and get them tinted will that cause any problems (assuming I don't use/touch them for a couple days after the work is done)? Thanks in advance, hope to see some of you around.

Senor Stereo

Ive had a couple cars tinted at senor stereo in Pembroke Pines. Pines BLVD and Douglas RD. Good bunch of guys over there and quality tints

I used a place called Cartronics off 826 (east) / 167th street, around NE 2nd ave. They do a pretty decent job.

You should look into doing a window adjustment to allow your windows to go up/down more easily. I did mine a couple years ago, but I have to readjust my driver's side again.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by transio
    You should look into doing a window adjustment to allow your windows to go up/down more easily. I did mine a couple years ago, but I have to readjust my driver's side again.

The window adjustment is the "Window Fix's" on other threads right?
    Is it difficult to do, especially for a car novice.

I will ask my brother. He used to do tinting and he lives in Boca Raton. He might know a good spot.

Man, I'm SOOOO happy I don't live in Florida any more. I'm enjoying some nice weather in the mid 60s right now. You sun worshipers can keep all that non-stop, blinding sunshine and blistering heat and swampy humidity!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by 9tinyfingaz
    The window adjustment is the "Window Fix's" on other threads right?
    Is it difficult to do, especially for a car novice.

Arrow

Ask around some more established shops and see if they'll max the tint for you with the darkest fully-metalized tint. Most will do this on a cash basis and you typically won't get in any kind of trouble unless you run into some new yankee cop working your precinct. That kind of tint is a necessity and that's what us locals get.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

i figured i go for the max tint...i have alaska plates on the vx so i could always claim ignorance and hope they won't check alaskan laws. thanks for the input!