OK, so I bought my VX just over a month ago. The poor thing had horribly bald front tires and not so much tread left on the rear tires, and one of them had a plug in the side wall. I knew buying it that I would need new tires asap.

You can actually see how bald the front tires were in this photo, and if you look close you can see the plug sticking out of the side wall on the back tire!

I had to drive on these tires for about a month simply because I did not have the money together right away after purchasing the vehicle to begin with. The tires were so bad on the front I could feel them slip a little around corners at speed. But, I've only really gone back and forth to work so I figured it would be ok for a few weeks. Luckily, no blow outs occurred.

So, this past Saturday, I got the money together and put some nice new BFG street tires on my stock 18s. They look pretty nice and I notice a BIG difference in handling.

Now, I am wondering about the relationship between the TOD and tires. Could bald front tires cause my TOD to slightly malfunction? As some of you may know, I experienced some harsh shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear a few times over the last month while driving in Power Mode. And now I am wondering if this could have been somewhat due to having crappy bald front tires slipping and messing up the TOD? Now that I have new tires, it seems to be shifting a lot smoother, but then again, it could all be in my head!

So, is it just in my head?

Bart