Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great looking tires!!

Great looking tires!!

Nitto Dune Grapplers. Coolest looking tire I've seen. Unfortunately (for me) they only come in one 18" fitament... 285/65. I'm afraid lifting or cutting would be necessary, and I don't want to do either. There is a Tire Rack in Daytona , so I'm taking it down to see for sure. Google Nitto Tire's home page. See if you don't agree this tire would look excellent on our vehicle. They may handle like absolute Rhino Crap... don't know...may go as good as they look. Never yet been let down by this company yet, but these tires are too new to have any reviews. Guess I'm the canary in the coal mine this time. I'll keep you posted. Wayne

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Man, Wayne, I hold your opinion in very high regard, but I really can't agree with you here. Psychos2 (shawn) said that these were cool tires as well, so I popped over to Nitto to check them out.

These are the ugliest tires that I've ever seen. They remind me of the legions of Wal-Mart flamed shirt wearing rednecks that populate every Nascar event -you know, the ones that never miss an episode of Monster Gayrage. These are the guys that have some variant of an iron cross sewn/painted/stuck/stapled on everything they own.
    I just can't even bring myself to get into these.

My opinion, but man -those tires are flamin' -and not in a hot way.

God bless America...freedom of speech and diversity of opinion brings a tear to the eye.

Chopper...the 285/60/18 will fit. Ask MSHardeman about the trimming.

This is from the Nitto website:

Nitto Tire Introduces the New Dune Grappler Desert Terrain Tire

Nitto Tire introduces the new Dune Grappler Desert Terrain tire, an exciting addition to Nitto's popular Grappler series. The Dune Grappler satisfies the enthusiast who wants an aggressive tread for off-road capabilities, while providing a more comfortable and quieter ride on the road. By utilizing advanced computer simulation technology, the tread block arrangement reduces high levels of noise commonly associated with aggressive tires, while still providing a traction-oriented tread for off-road use. The Nitto Dune Grappler will be offered with a three-ply sidewall construction for increased puncture resistance in certain popular sizes.

Features:

• M&S-rated for all season performance
    • 3 ply polyester high turn up construction improves bruise and puncture resistance*
    • Intermediate void-ratio for optimal performance in loose gravel and sandy terrains
    • Flare “taper and bridge” design reduces flex for longer tread life along with better traction and steering on and off road
    • Innovative design allows for tread and shoulder integration, ensuring a flatter, wider contact patch optimal for on and off road performance.

Sizes:

LT31X10.50R15 C
    LT33X12.50R15 C
    LT285/75R16 E
    LT305/70R16 E
    LT315/75R16 E
    LT285/70R17 E
    LT315/70R17 D
    285/60R18
    LT285/65R18 E
    LT285/55R20 E
    305/40R22

I couldn't post the picture because I'm a 'tard...sorry.

very nice

Haha, I love the regular Grapplers, and the Mud Grapplers are ok too, but I will have to agree here with mbeach, these tires scream 'merica redneck...but then again, this is 'merica we are a livin' in...so I'm sure these tires will sell VERY well...

HERE HERE for Freedom of Speech! One of the last American values still standing and fighting for survival in 2006! But I don't want to get political...LOL!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach
    Man, Wayne, I hold your opinion in very high regard, but I really can't agree with you here. Psychos2 (shawn) said that these were cool tires as well, so I popped over to Nitto to check them out.

These are the ugliest tires that I've ever seen. They remind me of the legions of Wal-Mart flamed shirt wearing rednecks that populate every Nascar event -you know, the ones that never miss an episode of Monster Gayrage. These are the guys that have some variant of an iron cross sewn/painted/stuck/stapled on everything they own.
    I just can't even bring myself to get into these.

My opinion, but man -those tires are flamin' -and not in a hot way.

I'm with mbeach as well. Don't like the lettering on the side.

Also, hard to tell from the linked pics, but it looks like they lack any kind of shoulder.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Dune... huh, like the movie?

"I WILL KILL HIM!!!" (Sting)
    thankyouthankyouverymuch

Thumbs up

Here is an intresting article on the Dune Grappler.http://truckinweb.com/0606tr_nitto_off_road_racing/
    1COOLVX

Entertaining tread treatment, but to me something that appears functional rings my bell. I'll stick with my Yokohama Geolandar MT+ gnarliness.

Off-road rubber you can run on an asphalt flat-track? Now that rocks!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black

How is this tire on the asphault jungle? Loud on highway I imagine, but intimdating at the same time? Good looking tire and I have a pretty good track record with Yoko so I think I want to stick to them. The VX needs new rubber.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I don't think they look that bad and are not much different than the Intercos many Isuzu's already run, but I guess we need to see them on one. I'm having a hard time finding ones to fit the ML and those could work. I really wanted to put Boggers on it since I bet it hasn't been done but none in the size I need.

Those Nitto's are rice on steroids!

Tone if Interco has nothiing in a size to fit your MB I dought anyone will. They have something in about every size. What size ae you looking for?
    The LTB's come in a lot of odd sizes. You have 20 or 22 inch rims? The Iroc and Iroc radials come in 20 and 22 inch size in anything from 36-49's.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Anybody want to Photoshop a black ML55 with boggers? I'm thinkin very original and sweet. Good luck Tone!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

I 'm not keen on the lettering or tread pattern

For shear chutzpah , I like the Nitto Mud Grapplers.

Ok ..so they whine a little on the freeway.
    But none of the THUMP..THUMP..THUMP...of other aggressive treads.

jo