Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diff Drop Query

Yep. like I said do em your self.

Find a good machine shop and have them do the brackets. I always thought that Darlington charged too much for his brackets especially with a core trade too. That way you can decide the amount of drop in inches you need.

An inch to an inch and a half is only what the general public may need I always thought like Alaska said more is better especially with bump stop extensions. Also, 80 percent of VX travel is down travel so more drop on the brackets the better. Especially if you start disconnecting the Sway bar, flipping the ball joints, and putting the bump stop extensions in there and other stuff like that.

I guess it's a trade-off between correct CV joint angles and ground clearance. If your torsion bars are only cranked about 3" or so, dropping the diff 1.5" lets you keep some clearance and mostly correct the joint angle. I think if you crank them all the way to 4" you might want a greater diff drop to correct for that, as even with the diff drop brackets, your angle is off by 2.5". I guess that's why you're still going through CV boots, as your axles sit at nearly the same angle as mine without the diff drop.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers