Hi everyone and happy 4th of July,

I've been lurking on this terrific forum for a while learning all about VX's, and I've recently purchased XCross69's 1999 Ironman. First, I just want to say how pleased I am with the condition of the vehicle and thank Brad for all his help in the sale process as things were a bit complicated due to the distance between us.

A bit about me ... I'm a recent Florida State University graduate and am just beginning my career as a field engineer in oil technology. When I found out I would be moving to Texas I decided it was time to sell my much loved Porsche 924S and find a fun 4x4. The car was sold in a Porsche owner's forum, and now I've purchased my VX though this forum. I must say I really prefer doing business this way.

I do have good deal of off-roading experience, mostly in my younger brother's CJ-5. I love that damn thing, by-the-way. But I needed something more comfortable and reliable for daily driving and the frequent road trips that I take between San Antonio and Laredo. Let me say that I am extremely impressed with the VX's abilities both on-road and off. Yes, I've already ventured down a couple light trails, and I've only had her for 3 days!

This particular example already has some very cool upgrades (thanks very much, Brad) like xenon HID's, remote start, and dual exhaust. The exhaust looks and sounds great outside, but is a bit too much for extended highway cruises, and I'll probably be adding a couple of resonators. The sound dampening that I plan to add for my audio system should help as well. I'm a bit of an audiophile and have already begun ordering components for a nice sound quality system, but it's sure to be a long process as my spare time is quite limited with the new job.

Here are a few shots with the new wheels and tires (Enkei RT-6 18x8.5 & Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18). Word of warning ... this wheel/tire combo requires quite a bit of body cladding trimming

Guess I didn't waste too much time in beginning my own mods

Enjoy the pics!

-James