Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to uninstall headunit? Cd changer?

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    yea i clipped those wires and added in quick release connectors in their place (also replaced my led with a green one cause its more unique) and added about 6" of wire... it makes working behind the dash a jillion times easier
    etl: did the exact same thing, and highly suggest to others if you're modding in/around the dash to do the same. it really does make things easier doesn't it?...! well done.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Ldub, you have mail

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Many thanks rowhard, I appreciate the effort, but for some reason my computin' machine has problems digesting/downloading pdf's.

I'm sure my level of computer knowlege (nearly Amish ) doesn't help matters either.

Thanks for trying though...

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

If I remember correctly, the worst part is the wire from security system. For the life of me I could not separate these plugs (which allows you to fully take away the main dash trim). You'll probably have the same trouble. I am actually going back in my dash tomorrow, and hopefully this time around I can muster the strength to get these plugs undone. Its just really a difficult angle to get large hands into, and they are together hella tight. Once you get the dash trim pieces off, the rest is cake.

Bart
    Use one of those precision screwdrivers to pry under the clip on the connector for the security wire, it will pop right apart. It takes a little practice, but once you get it in the right position, it's a snap.
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Yeah, you definitely could separate them, but its so awkward to get my fat hands in there...

Personally, I have completed all of the behind dash work I plan to do, so hopefully I won't have a need to go back there again....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Raque Thomas
    Use one of those precision screwdrivers to pry under the clip on the connector for the security wire, it will pop right apart. It takes a little practice, but once you get it in the right position, it's a snap.

Talking

Here are the files once again. It seems my host is running a bit slow these days. So here is a direct link to the files.
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Ldub, it might be your Internet server also. If your not in a big rush and you want to send me your snail mail address, I'll shove them onto a cd and mail them to you. I also have the 2000 Workshop manual, 1999 Electrical manual and the parts listed if interested. You do have adobe reader correct?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    for some reason my computin' machine has problems digesting/downloading pdf's.

Try upgrading to Adobe Reader 8, I've seen it fix several browser/pdf problems.

Thanks for the Crutchfield docs.