Thread: Mechanic/Dealer Recommendations for MD

Mechanic/Dealer Recommendations for MD

Hey all,

New VX owner here. Anyone from the Baltimore/Ft Meade/DC area? Just wondering if there's any meets or events in the area.

On another note, can anyone recommend any mechanics or dealerships where I can get routine maintenance done at a reasonable price? I hate being a stranger in a new area and since I just moved here, I'm not familiar with the area.

Thx

I always thought Criswell Isuzu in Annapolis was pretty reliable and did good work.

I'm in MD. With that said, I don't trust any mechanics. I take mine to Fitzgerald. Criswell burned me on my dirt bike purchase. I want to learn how to do my own work, maintenance wise. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Here's the speedshop info that Wormgod passed on to me.
    If he trusts these guys with his awesome VX then I do too. I haven't had any work done there yet but this is where I'll be going soon.

IDK Inc
    Speed, Sound, and Service
    9871 Main Street
    Damascus, MD. 20872
    (301) 368-9085

Icekold

When I lived in Ellicott City, I was taking my VX to St.John's Amoco for basic maintenance. I don't remember the head mechanic's name, but he 's worked on several VX's before, and was always very upfront and honest with me (which in my experience is very rare. then again, I was an interrogator in the Army ). I now do all of my own work, but if I still lived in the area and needed a mechanic, I wouldn't hesitate to go there if the same guy still works there. If you need his name and an address or phone number I'll try to dig them up for you.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Quote Originally Posted by Icekold
    Here's the speedshop info that Wormgod passed on to me.
    If he trusts these guys with his awesome VX then I do too. I haven't had any work done there yet but this is where I'll be going soon.

IDK Inc
    Speed, Sound, and Service
    9871 Main Street
    Damascus, MD. 20872
    (301) 368-9085

Icekold
    Ya, good guys and great work. I had them do a performance suspension package on my WRX last month and caught wind that business was getting bad for them lately. Good shop in a small town, so I guess it was innevitable that business would get bad. Good guys though. They always take care of me and they LOVE the VX. My mom dropped my VX off there for it;s last oil change and she said 2 mechanics were fighting over which one got to work on it, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Great tips,

Thx for the info everyone.

Kpas, are you in the MD area? Just curious cause you said you were an interrogator. I'm a 97B and I'm looking to ETS pretty soon. Got any tips on job prospects in the area?